SAU Community

Nengun - Anyone Had Trouble Getting Parts?

Munro

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had a problem with them yet. Only thing is slow delivery but it tells you this on the eta when you first order and pay for the parts( except for japanese public holidays) Friends have not had a problem either. I give them a :)

products and price has always been good from nengun everytime ive ordered but as everyone has said there delivery times are totaly unreasonable.

ive started using rhdjapan now and couldnt be happier. delivery is very fast and prices are very good.

if rhdjapan can send me a clutch in just over a week how can nengun take a month to send other parts that readily available when they are comming from the same country?

same from nengun here, I enquired about a part and was told it was in stock and would be shipped as soon as payment arrived... when the part had not arrived in 2 weeks i emailed and was told it still wouldnt be sent out for another 2 weeks!!! WTF? it took 6 weeks for them to send a part they supposedly had in stock i would never use them again just for the delivery time.

Just been browsing RHDJapan.. wtf is up with their shipping costs?

Trying to buy an HKS Hi Power Silent for a friends Evo 8, and they want over $1000 to ship it. Same for an R33 item.

I got my HKS exhaust from Nengun, and it only cost $100 to ship :s wtf is their game?

And a cusco master cylinder brace, they want $140 to ship that, the brace itself is only $119.

RHD send all items priority air express - hence why you would never buy either exhausts or bodykits through them.

Get hold of Import Monster (the can also do new stuff), get a quote, if you are happy they will bring it over in their next container (usually monthly) and ship it to you if you don't live in Vic.

Much, much, much more cost effective way to go

RHD send all items priority air express - hence why you would never buy either exhausts or bodykits through them.

Get hold of Import Monster (the can also do new stuff), get a quote, if you are happy they will bring it over in their next container (usually monthly) and ship it to you if you don't live in Vic.

Much, much, much more cost effective way to go

Thanks for that!

But that doesnt explain why a master cylinder brace, that only costs $119, costs $140 to ship? Outrageous.

I've heard of people having bought stuff and then receiving a different product to what was ordered.

I once bought some parts & was sent the incorrect ones by Nengun. I simply got back in contact, explained they had sent stuff for a S13 not an R32 & asked what should I do. They gave me a (local) address to forward the bits to, sent me the correct parts & a nice freebie (unasked for) to make up for the hassle.

Bottom line is Nengun are fine if you have sufficient time to spare before receiving the bits. But don't order stuff & expect it to be here by the weekend. I think the most of the problem is some customers who expect too much & are too paranoid and/or impatient.

Thanks for that!

But that doesnt explain why a master cylinder brace, that only costs $119, costs $140 to ship? Outrageous.

Japanese shipping goes on the weight of the item+container.... on items up to 1.5m long.

Perhaps the Master Cylinder brace is bloody heavy???

btw... didn't notice your location, although it still might be cheaper to get IM to bring it in then ship it over to you!

RHD Japan are doing a big overhaul on their website so maybe some things have been mucked about?

Through Nengun i ordered a clutch, gauges, and some intake parts. They arrived after about 4-5 weeks and everything was fine. Then i got an email saying all my parts were ready to be shipped from Japan.. I came so close to getting the parts twice, but in the end their system showed that i hadn't paid for the second batch so they never sent them, it was almost a win for me though!

I just bought a Tomei Oil Pump from RHDJapan and I'd have to say it was the best experience I've had from any of the 3 I have used.

Patrick responded to my emails same day, I was informed the next day my payment had been accepted and 1 week later (yes, just 1 week) I had the Pump arrive...

I have purchased from Greenline and Nengun also. For the most part I have had no trouble, though I currently have some ARC parts on order from Nengun since 15th Nov 2009 and still they have not arrived. I understand of course that sometimes their suppliers hold them up and this can happen to anyone, but Nengun haven't been doing a good job of keeping me informed. Luckily its a 'want' part, not a 'need it now' part or I'd be pretty annoyed.

But, for those of you who are waiting, they do come through in the end.. so don't sweat it too much. All three deliver.

I'll be using more of RHDJapan based on my latest experiences though.

• 2 weeks later...

I buy all my items through RHDJapan, make sure to select EMS (Airmail) as it's usually the cheapest shipping option, they also offer SAL (Slow), DHL and FedEx (Super Fast).

I stopped buying from Nengun about 3 years ago when it took almost 4 months for a pair of brake pads to arrive, lol.

well funnily enough my best mate used Nengun to buy Splitfire coilpacks cheap, we were thinking they would take like a month to get here due to the posts in this thread, they came from f*kuoka Japan to Mildura in literally 7 days. I was astonished at the speed!

I just bought an brand new OEM R32/R33 GTR/GTS25t gear knob from RHD.. looking foward to a quick delivery :)

Do they have estimated delivery times/tracking like Nengun? havnt seen anything or any emails. Or are they just THAT quick you dont need them? :domokun:

Edited by gotRICE?

nengun are usually slow gotRICE? try www.perfectrun.com.au nxt time

i know they are. iv spent thousands at nengun and couldnt be happier with everything. Didnt mind the shipping times as stated earlier.

But im trying RHD this time for something small thats impossible to find second hand haha