SAU Community

Updating Gracenote Hdd Music Box Database

fungoolie

Hope this isn't a dumb question but I'm sick of all my new CD's coming up with only track numbers and dates ripped to my hard disk. How do we update the Gracenote database on ADM cars which have no USB or SD slot? I was hoping it could be done via the CD but nothing on the Gracenote website seems to indicate that we can do this. Calling Nissan is like pulling teeth so hopefully someone on here has the answer.

You have to manually go in an use the scroll wheel to type in the data. This is done through the edit option in the HDD

There is no way I'm manually typing in every song name!! US cars just download the current database and update it via the card slot.... When Nissan deleted the card slot they must have considered some other means of maintaining the database.

There is no way I'm manually typing in every song name!! US cars just download the current database and update it via the card slot.... When Nissan deleted the card slot they must have considered some other means of maintaining the database.

What I do is burn a disk using iTunes making sure you tick the include CD text option and voila ,jobs done.

What I do is burn a disk using iTunes making sure you tick the include CD text option and voila ,jobs done.

Ahhhh so what you're saying is that if I rip the disk to itunes and then burn another one from that with the CD text added then the Music Box will use the names added by Itunes. Still not optimum but better than nothing. Thanks!i