SAU Community

Sausa Track Day #1

heslo

-sips-

So how come u gotta co-opt a place for a general sausa member?

it was advertised publicly for all skylines australia members, of wich i am one, and i was the first to offer my place to SAUSA members

if you want to discuss anything else with me, i sugest you do it via PM

lastly i hope everyone attending has a good day!!

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it was advertised publicly for all skylines australia members, of wich i am one, and i was the first to offer my place to SAUSA members

Well I cant see that SAUSA members bar under your name...

if you want to discuss anything else with me, i sugest you do it via PM

Why? Because you were cowardly enough to suggest that my 'feedback' was 'childish' and despite my request for you to clarify your accusation, you chose not to address it, and I have to assume that you're a coward, full of hot air, piss and vinegar. No substance, commitment or backbone.

Theres no confusing fishpaste and a book. For a start, a book has a spine....

Of course I'm human, I could be wrong. We'll let third parties be the judge..

Love Dohmar

Go Go! Go Dohmy Go! Go Go Go! GO! DOHMY BE GOOOD....

-D

cant resist.

And then decide to pay for an SAU membership just so they can get a discounted track day at the expense of those who are already members. I'm sorry, but I do not agree with the reasons given. I didn't join SAUSA to subsidise wannabe drifters at the expense of skyline enthusiasts who want to improve their driving skills.

im sorry, discount?

200 bucks is 200 bucks no matter which way you slice it.

adrians track day back in august was $192.50, with, i think, $92.50 required as a deposit. this sausa(ge) track day is $200, with a $100 deposit required by march 1st.

discount?

what category do i fall under? the wannabe drifter? or the skyline enthusiast?

After all, if someone is only joining to get a cheap track day and doesnt care about every other aspect of SAUSA, should we cater to them rather than those who embrace the scene as a whole?

im not joining to go to a cheap track day (see above). nor am i joining to support sausa(ge). ideally, id join gsr/evo with chad, but because i want to enjoy a track day with my friends, im fronting the cash to get membership.

and i know itll shit you off, you dont want us wannabe drifters in your club. :blink:

now wheres that post about person of the year...

Edited by scandyflick

SASupra will be free to attend should we not be able to raise the numbers needed. but at this stage it is for members only

the amount of enthusiasm that i have seen on this site for a trackday is quite amusing as i have spent YEARS trying to drum up interest on the Supra forum for a club trackday and have only gotten less than eight people signed up each year.

this is a compliment - well done on filling the spots so quickly. i'm sure that this test bodes well for more SAU trackdays

Heslo - when you get a chance can you provide banking details for us to pay the deposit.

Cheers.

Sure mate... here's the details for everyone. Be sure to put your username as the reference so we know who the money belongs to :blink:

Name: Skylines Australia - SA Chapter

BSB: 105 192

ACC: 028 822 340

Edited by SLED

Unless there are any more helpfull discussions on this topic pls don't demean this event with posts referring to drag racing and how much better it is than track days.

Stay on topic pls people.

the only thing i would like to add is perhaps a better way to do things in the future, how about listing SAU:SA events in the SAU:SA section of the forums first, so that only SAU:SA members can read/enter them and then move/repost the topic in the general section to then advertise and invite non-members along to them after the nominated time period?? (and that way ordering by paid members/willing to pay members/the rest of us chumps would be easier)

I wasn't able to attend the exec meeting the other night due to work commitments but you do raise a valid point Luke that probably warranted more discussion on the night.

Unfortunately, as Luke has already stated, the level of interest has caught everybody off guard (which should be viewed as a positive for the club) and in hind's sight, maybe an ad in the "member's only" section 1st may have been somewhat fairer for current members.

However, the "member's preference" arguement stands, and as a committee our job is two fold;

1). To care for existing members and attempt to cater for their needs and 2). To grow a successful members list which leads to a strong club with more resources.

Now it's time for everyone to take a deep breath and rest assured that all the raised points are valid ones and will be taken into consideration for the next track day........as there will be many more, judging by the level of interest. :blink:

Rest assured people, this is NOT the one and only track day SAU-SA will be hosting. If you don't get in now, I'm sure Luke will keep your names on record for future track days. Especially given the successful response to this one, we will have another track day organised in the not too distant future.

:P

Sure mate... here's the details for everyone. Be sure to put your username as the reference so we know who the money belongs to :P

Nene and/or myself will check the bank transactions at the end of each week, up until the 1 March deadline. Then confirm payments with Luke's list.

:cool:

Sure mate... here's the details for everyone. Be sure to put your username as the reference so we know who the money belongs to :cool:

$145 sent from 'Tangles sau' for membership payment + $100 track day deposit.

now to get by on 11$ for the next fortnight :P

seeing as this seems its gonna be a fair regular thing for sausa, ill prob join.

id rather do track days with this mob of people i semi know, over a club ie: evo/GSR that

people join just for track days...

meh, thats my opinion.

ill be out at this to watch this one.

seeing as this seems its gonna be a fair regular thing for sausa, ill prob join.

id rather do track days with this mob of people i semi know, over a club ie: evo/GSR that

meh, thats my opinion.

Good stuff bud :) If you are good at cooking a BBQ and want to lend a hand you're more than welcome to help out on the day. :O

meh, thats my opinion.

+1 on both counts

Hopefully I can have a go at the next one :)

Very true Craig...always better to pit yourself on a track against peeps that you know (bragging rights etc) rather than someone you've never met before.

Makes for a more enjoyable day as well.

also the members that haven't been able to go on this particular track day will get first preference on the next.

we will notify the member base differently next time and all comments will be taken under revision.

if this is as successful as it looks and members really do want more then i don't see why we can't put a few more on this year (subject to talking to the Executive Council)

also i hear there will be a free BBQ for SAU members, mmmm sausages'n'bread