SAU Community

Sausa Track Day #1

heslo

going to see andrew at am performance this saturday and apart from that another quick check up on the dyno to see if everything is working fine.....and then the car is all ready to be tracked......

- braided brake lines fitted

- new clutch fitted and works awesomely lol

- new qfm a1rm's fitted with penrite sin 600 fluid $20/500ml

- oil cooler installed with a oil + filter changed

- leaks being sorted out now....1 down, 1 to go :(

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

car is at michaels for dump/front/decat.

intake pipe

screamer

then off to jeff on fri for tune at 21psi

then fit oil cooler and relo kit

oil change

hook up my defi sensors

new brake pads

then go fast!

well i am trialing the penrite sin 600 brake fluid for this track day and see how we go there......same with the qfm a1rm's.....got brand new tires on the rear so far fairly happy with them

- oil cooler installed with a oil + filter changed

good boy.

well i am trialing the penrite sin 600 brake fluid for this track day and see how we go there......same with the qfm a1rm's.....got brand new tires on the rear so far fairly happy with them

ive got it in the 200 at the moment... ill be switching to motul.

Should i do an oil change before the track day or after...or both?

Always do it before like dave said. I dont do it after, actually i'm still running the same oil i put in my car before Adrain's track day :cool:

Ok, cool. Would it be alright to change the oil 1 week before the event, drive on it a bit, and then do the trackday? Or would i be better off doing it 1-2 days before and doing very little driving on it?

Always do it before like dave said. I dont do it after, actually i'm still running the same oil i put in my car before Adrain's track day :cool:

Ok, i may do mine on the Sunday in the morning, then head out to Dion's place in the afternoon - as i am staying at his place the Sunday night as it is closer to leave from there, then Aldinga.

Oil change a week or so before is fine. Its the old oil that isn't great for your engine when it is under stress. The older the oil, the quicker it breaks down and then literally loses its lubricating properties. After a track day is a very good idea too - and if you think about it $70 - $100 to do them both is far cheaper than an engine rebuild.....

Very True...but i could have a lot of fun with an engine rebuild...however, i wouldn't like how much i would be spending.

Question, I may have a mate coming out to watch me make a fool of myself, would it be possible for him to drive my car out on the track if he has a helmet with no one else in the car? Or is there some insurance liability form i have to sign, that will stop him from being able too?

Very True...but i could have a lot of fun with an engine rebuild...however, i wouldn't like how much i would be spending.

Question, I may have a mate coming out to watch me make a fool of myself, would it be possible for him to drive my car out on the track if he has a helmet with no one else in the car? Or is there some insurance liability form i have to sign, that will stop him from being able too?

He would have to fill out the forms and pay $200 just like everyone else if there was a spot free.

EDIT: Beaten by Chad