SAU Community

Sausa Track Day #1

heslo

I was gonna go bendix but was politely guided in the direction of QFM a1rm's. There cheap to.

hahaha good man......i ran lucas pads last track day and i had brake fade on me on the last hotlap that i was on for the day.....they did alright for that day but not using them for this track day as i have heard of too much good things about the a1rm so giving them a go.....cant wait now for the track day as car is almost ready to rock and roll

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i was going to get the set from just jap but found this set for way cheaper $399 compared to $165.....quality is good i like it.....and no stuffing around involved......i repalced my lines, pads and new brake fluid all up for

- $165 for lines

- $238 for pads

- $40 for 2 bottles of penrite sin 600 brake fluid

- $50 for a carton of beer

and all done within couple of hours....and the pedal feel is amazing

im gonna end up runnin outta cash to rebuild my 32 brakes (need pistons and seal kits $400 alone on trade price let alone new lines, rotors and pads aswell) the car currently has ca brakes on it, i lost my licence 5months ago so im not missing this track day, i dont care if i gotta take it easy.

If i take 2 sets of new brake pads out there u think that will be enough? i kno the ca stoppers wont be the best but its better than not driving at all, like i said id rather take it easy than not drive haha.

Who's ripping you off with that price?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NISSAN-300ZX-Brake-...=item1c10696de3

Or are you saying that you have to replace the pistons themselves?

i was going to get the set from just jap but found this set for way cheaper $399 compared to $165.....quality is good i like it.....and no stuffing around involved......i repalced my lines, pads and new brake fluid all up for

- $165 for lines

- $238 for pads

- $40 for 2 bottles of penrite sin 600 brake fluid

- $50 for a carton of beer

and all done within couple of hours....and the pedal feel is amazing

add to that a master cylinder stopper and you have a wicked brake set up for street and light track work

thats what i am going to be getting next just done have the time or $$ right now to do it specially when i am going to fiji next week

ps anyone know off where i can get a master cylinder stopper for a R33 GTST S1???

just paid for my front brake pads from gsr...

went to look at the car today and woop its all done, tune tomorrow and im set..

oh does anyone have the gasket that gotes between the stock rb25 s2 BOV?

cheers

Got my pads today :blush: got A1RM's for the rear and i'm trying the comp 9's for the front. I should get braided lines and stuff but i dont think it will make to much difference, I really need to up size brakes.

Edited by DSTROY

cheers

Booking the RDO off tomorrow. Can't wait for ext gate!

you have 3 weeks including this week......i would also suggest that you get yourself a set of braided brake lines

something like these..... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HEL-braided-brake-l...=item3caa69913d

bought them for my car and they bolt up no probs

thats bullshit cheap. shall have to look into them.

Krishy, how long did it take to recieve these lines from uk? And are they defently stainless stell or tin wrapped?

UK!? The Braided Lines Krishy linked, come from Queensland, i ordered a Set on 17-03-2010...sent payment, haven't been posted yet :blush:. My guess is they are making them up, so should be posted sometime next week.

As far as Brake Seals go, i am looking at these or getting off my ass and ringing Nissan.

cheers

is there a gasket? mine doesnt have one, granted its a different engine.