SAU Community

Sausa Track Day #1

heslo

Great to see so many Skylines out!

Photo CDs will be available soon. Bear in mind that I'm going through some 1600 odd photos from today.

Here's one, just as a teaser.

4513612657_6fb4d0a557.jpg

hey mate pm me with details on how to get cd very interested.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*cough...skids

Noooo..... never :happy:

DAMN i wish i went to the track day

You should have, there will definately be more however. In the mean time, maybe try this to get a feel for it. A bit less hard on your car and you'll learn an assload

yeah track days pwn, so going to get off my ass more and get my car back on the road

Damn straight mister, get it going! ;)

You should have, there will definately be more however. In the mean time, maybe try this to get a feel for it. A bit less hard on your car and you'll learn an assload

I would but i only have a ford laser until mid-last next yr

What a day. For my first time out at Mallala I had an absolute ball. Good to give my car a real test on the track. Also I managed twice to pull a 1.29 which I was pretty happy with. Thanks to the execs for organising such a successful day. Now I can't wait for the advance driving course to learn a bit more so I can bring my times down.

well i had fun. I think i need moar powah.... held a few nice slides through turn one though. I managed a best time of 1:30.7, which is is 2 seconds faster than my personal best and gave a few of you turbo's a run for you're money! Looking forward to the photographers pics of me and josh at the southern hairpin.

Also a note to the organizers; mustaches should be made mandatory for all future track related events.

Thanks guys for the experience

was an enjoyable day...and to top it off, just took a deposit for the Evo, I'll be out there again with a Skyline

and <3 Steve for the BBQ, you should go onto Master chef :happy:

yeah track days pwn, so going to get off my ass more and get my car back on the road

+1, so made me get even more motivation

also cheers to nigel for letting me hav a drive of the R.............man that car scares the f**k outta me

well i had fun. I think i need moar powah.... held a few nice slides through turn one though. I managed a best time of 1:30.7, which is is 2 seconds faster than my personal best and gave a few of you turbo's a run for you're money! Looking forward to the photographers pics of me and josh at the southern hairpin.

Also a note to the organizers; mustaches should be made mandatory for all future track related events.

LOL, the caterpillar was very caterpillar-esque

and one for bengi

riu874.jpg

The times will be up Late tonight or tomorrow, it's taking ages to type them into Excel and i need a nap now as i'm knackered.

thanks again for organising the timers and taking up your entire day (and night) to get us a timesheet - very much appreciated!

Personally I found the instant good/bad/best lap feedback was awesome - let me link the way I'd taken each corner with the resulting time much better than getting the times after the whole session. What is the brand of the timer? I'm going out to get myself one for future days...

Cheers

thanks again for organising the timers and taking up your entire day (and night) to get us a timesheet - very much appreciated!

Personally I found the instant good/bad/best lap feedback was awesome - let me link the way I'd taken each corner with the resulting time much better than getting the times after the whole session. What is the brand of the timer? I'm going out to get myself one for future days...

Cheers

AIM Mychron

Thanks to all those that helped put this day together :happy: I had an awesome time out there, gave my car a hard time all day slightly improving my lap times throughout the day. Set a new PB of 1.20.64 i think it was :D Car ran like a dream all day, went through a front pair of QFM Comp9 pads on the front and A1RM's on the rear and cracked another rear rotor :/ Rear brake calipers started the day painted red and ended up pure black from being so hot ;)

I have some video footage that i'll get to during the week and post up, think i got most of the cars out there.

hi guys,

thanks for letting me test my "other car" out there today. with less than 100km on the new setup and tires (of which 60km was driving to the track) i got to warm everything up nicely and nothing broke (well nothing that i have found so far) for a series of 1'26 laps.

after a neat 1'26.3 (with Group Four's R35 GTRs circling around me like hungry sharks) i called it an early day before anything went wrong (or i was tempted to test the limits).

was a great bunch of people out there with a fantastic atmosphere (the club bbq was a great idea) and i look forward to the next SAU trackday!

cheers - Kim