Sausa Track Day #1

heslo

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also realised that I bought that R33 GTR from Prestige Cars at Walkerville back

in April 2000 (with only 13000km on it) so todays track day was my 10th Anniversary

owning it. I think is was quite a suitable celebration. Awesome fun to drive.

Prestige Cars sold GTR's back in the day?!

big thanks to everyone who organised this track day!

I had an absolute ball in the GTR, my first time on Mallala and ended up doing consistant 1:23's. Brakes let me down big time, with unpredictable fade in turns 2 and 7.

Unfortunatelly, after only 6 Laps in the new Drift car, Adrian has either fried his piston rings or headgasket, as his SR20 pumped about 2L of engine oil out into the catch can. :happy: Time for a rebuild.

Big thanks also to Matty for the tow there and back! - glad my dog-poo putty held up for the day!

PS: Did anyone get any video footage or photos of either of the BITSUS cars?

Nigel.

great day, Stag got damned hot. had to pull it in, consistent laps at 1.30.

brakes were fine, didnt test them bigtime and never found any fade.

oil/water must have been thru the roof, following a skyline for 6 hot laps meant I had no cool air :happy:

want to do it as much as possible; next day hopefully the rb26 is ready. already ordered a 30row oil cooler last night!!

now for brake upgrade kit!

photo's of stagea? i didnt take a camera, was pretty underdone seeing I was/am suffering morphine (medical) withdrawal !

so so sketchy, but every lap was within a 1/3 of a second so very consistent, stag is a heavy car to get the power down tho!!

had some awesome drift going on around the back of the course, touch brake / plant accelerator / mangle steering = 4wheel driftin shagen wagon

what a cracker of a day.....absolutely love it.....also got the most flames for the day lol.......more flames then steve's bbq lol....cant wait for the next track day and semi slicks are definitely a must have for me i think......also if i remember correctly i managed a 1:28:xx as my best time of the day.....

Dale how have you gone with the timesheets mate???

also anyone with any pics of my car can you please make them available for me.....also if someone has some video footage of my car on the track......thanks heaps

This feels like an acceptance speech at an awards ceremony but I have a lot of people to thank.

Thanks Dion (dark.sky) for letting me stay over Sunday night and for the run to Gawler to get some oil. Thanks Abe (Aberax) for getting me to and from Dion's place. Congrats on the award too.

Thanks Steve (Madaz) & Luke (heslo) for organising the event. Thanks Matty (Matty 31) and Dave (scandyflick) for use of the trailer and help trying to get my GTR back on the track. Thanks Madaz (again) for the BBQ. Thanks Dale (D_Stirls) for organising the timing gear (I hope everything went back in perfect order and you got your deposit back). Thanks Andrew (semislickR32) for the friendly competition - pity I had to pull out and couldn't match your 1:21.64.

I had a great morning followed by a frustrating afternoon when my GTR once again spewed oil everywhere and had to be kept off of the track. Had a little sulk as I was feeling confident and the weather, track and general atmosphere were all conducive to dropping lap times. However, I still managed to drop 1.6 secs off of my previous PB to set a 1:22.45 before lunch. I have to spend some more $ and get a decent oil catch can that drains back to the sump via a one-way valve as the current catch can - that came with the car from Japan - has ruined 2 days at Mallala now. And I hope it was only the catch can...

I've just received word from Shane that the staff told Clem we were a top club and welcome back any time at Mallala so well done to you all guys!!!

:)

yes Shane and myself made a personal Club effort to go and thank the staff on behalf of SAU for there effort in getting us out on track, they appreciated that i think

:D

I had a great morning followed by a frustrating afternoon when my GTR once again spewed oil everywhere and had to be kept off of the track. Had a little sulk as I was feeling confident and the weather, track and general atmosphere were all conducive to dropping lap times. However, I still managed to drop 1.6 secs off of my previous PB to set a 1:22.45 before lunch. I have to spend some more $ and get a decent oil catch can that drains back to the sump via a one-way valve as the current catch can - that came with the car from Japan - has ruined 2 days at Mallala now. And I hope it was only the catch can...

hey mate, are you interested in a Nismo Style Oil/Air Separator like I have? It drains everything back to the sump via the rear turbo drain.

Give me a PM if you are interested, I have 2 for sale.

spent the last hour or so doing a quick damage assessment. pretty hilarious.

front end;

brakes, 3 of 4 pads have 1-2mm material remaining, 1 has about 3 square inches, ~1mm deep remaining, rotors are fine.

tyres have done 3 track days now, and still have at least 1 left in them.

rear;

brakes, 3 of 4 pads still have 4-5mm material remaining, 1 has none what so ever.

tyres were brand new dunlop direzza dz101, pretty f**ked. starting to delaminate quite a bit. probably good for nothing more than skids now.

tyres were brand new dunlop direzza dz101, pretty f**ked. starting to delaminate quite a bit. probably good for nothing more than skids now.

This is not an issue, we will fix this

was great to see everyone out and having a blast! good to see the regulars and good to meet a few new fellas.. fun arvo ... just wished i was out there crackin 1:20's with chaddles :D

next time.....

thanks to all event organisers and everyone for putting in their own effort for bbq/timing gear etc... your efforts were appreciated by all

also fantastic to see munro's 33 taking on the mighty 35, epic times.

hi I'm jess I was with Shane on monday. Despite a 4:30am start (ouch) I Thought it was a great day and was nice to meet some new people, compared to some other track days I've been to you seem like a great bunch of people, very chilled out and welcoming. I will have my r34 out at the next day for sure. Thanks, Jess

Ps - thanks to the guy who let me borrow his helmet, appreciated :D

Was a great day to finally see some of the boys rides on the track.

Didn't see Tangles or Roo.......must've done the morning shift as I had to work till lunchtime.

Scandy, you my friend are a legend and you know why....my boy loved it!!

John Munro, that blue thing of yours is ridiculous!!!!!

If I had to pay just to see that thing go around the track, it would've been money well spent.

Was good to see you again bud and looking forward to catching up again soon........for that hillzy :D

Well done to Steve & Luke for organizing such a successful event that went like clockwork.

Thanks also to Martin, Steve & Shane for the chef responsibilities......and anyone else I may've left out.

I've got a stack of pics & video but you guys have it pretty much covered me thinks.

Till next time, Sayonara :)

Was a great day to finally see some of the boys rides on the track.

Didn't see Tangles or Roo.......must've done the morning shift as I had to work till lunchtime.

The Volvos had to leave early :)

I was there ... with the little lady and the lad too. Had to shoot off about 1.30pm to sort out a mechanical issue with Tracy's car back home. But I did my part ... I think :)

:D

Scandy, you my friend are a legend and you know why....my boy loved it!!

lol. i do try.

they were probably my lamest spins of the day too. my spin on turn 1 at the start of the day was epic.

glad he enjoyed the show though, looking forward to seeing the pics. :D