SAU Community

Sausa Track Day #1

heslo

so far so good benji......i know chad (dstroy) runs them on his 300+kw 32 for track work.....so they must be half decent....also i got mine from $238 del for pads all around....look back on this thread for a link to those pads :no:

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeh the qfm a1rm pads $238 delivered for f/r axles. r32 gts-t.

brand new with KU36 tyres, havent seen 1m of travel yet.

today picked up set of r32 gtr calipers, rebuilt, pads, and brand new dba slotted rotors (rrp 240ea) - ebay goodness

for the stagea.

but thinking of the choices - help me out please:

** perhaps r32 gtst calipers, new a1rm pads and new dba slotted rotors go on stagea

and

** r32 gtr calipers with some extra a1rm pads go onto the track car with rb26dett engine, could then 1day do rego approval (matching brakes to engine conversion)

or, leave r32 track car as is with stock calipers, front slotted rotors & braided lines, a1rm 750degree pads

and put the gtr stuff on the stagea.

thoughts? as is stag sees Hills roads, gtst will see track only 4x per year and 0 road kms.

stagea calipers are 2-pot single sided - 2 piston only

r32 gtst are 2-pot double sided - 4 piston, physically larger than stagea calipers

r32 gtr are 2-pot double sided - 4 piston but larger again

the rotors I have are all 296mm dia, slotted. 1 set on r32 (new old stock, had for yrs), 1 set on stagea (need facing after last Oct trackday), plus the dba' set I got with the gtr calipers are brand new and awesome-looking :P

im leaning towards putting them on the stagea, and in 4yrs time part out the r32 track car (after say a dozen mallala outings, fingers crossed) and drop the rb26 into the stagea as well, seeing I'll have everything here for the conversion.

thems the plans anyways.

or should the gtr brakes and calipers be used that dozen times at the track and then go into the stagea at the time the engine drops in......

hmmmm

:(

just thought id post something if the group would be keen my works letting me borrow a large portable garage, we can use it to sit or stand under whilst we have the bbq lunch etc good for shade to, could be a hot day so thought id ask.

cheers BEN.

Hey Guys i have a proposal for you.

I spoke to Tristan Catford (GSR/EVO club president) and we can hire the timing gear that is used for the time attack. There are 12 units and the cost will be $500 for the whole set up. it works out to $42 per unit. These units will give you accurate timing down to the 100th of a second.

If two people who are in different groups want to share them then that is fine and it will make the cost $21 each, and i will swap them between the cars between sessions.

It really is only viable if ally units are spoken for.

I will do up a Propper timing sheet and will post that up if it goes ahead.

Just out of interest the cost of buying the timing setup is ~$6000.

Edited by D_Stirls

Not a bad idea Dale... not sure how many people we can get in though. I have an in car lap timer with the unit that sits trackside to record each lap. Was going to use that on the day and lend it out to others but if there's interest in this, it's a good option :(

Yeah, awesome idea. I've used these at a couple of time attacks and they very good and give spot on timing. I would pay to use one for sure.

Edited by DSTROY

I spoke to Tristan Catford (GSR/EVO club president) and we can hire the timing gear that is used for the time attack. There are 12 units and the cost will be $500 for the whole set up. it works out to $42 per unit. These units will give you accurate timing down to the 100th of a second.

Definitely in on this and happy to cough up the currency.

good for you krish, just a quick question, what are the QFM's like? i will be running r33 caipers on my car by track day and am currently

in the market for a decent set of track pads

cheers Bengi

What I've read:

• lots of people are happy A1RM customers

What I've personally experienced:

• ending up deep in the kitty litter on northern hairpin after 2 laps after getting complete brake failure, despite following bedding procedures and despite only running stock GTR power and street tyres.
  • Same thing happened on the following sprint day, after which the front pads were 100% worn and were in the bin
  • I used to have Ferodo DS2500 all round on my S15 and they always impressed even braking repetitively into the northern hairpin on semislicks. Granted they are twice the price but in my humble opinon they are in a different league for performance and are still great on the street. I would recommend them without hesitation.
  • The kitty litter must've got up my nose cos I went crazy and got a mad Project Mu kit, car now stops like it hit a brick wall but the HC16-03 pads I've got are definitely NOT suitable for the street - very very noisy - I'll be stepping back one rung when (if!) they wear out.
  • Still running A1RMs on the rear which are doing an adequate job

gslrallysport is a passionate defender (and vendor) of the A1RMs so if he's lurking I'm sure my negativity will be corrected, but as I said I've read that lots of people track them successfully and they are cheap, so give 'em a go and if they work then you're set.

What I've read:

• lots of people are happy A1RM customers

What I've personally experienced:

• ending up deep in the kitty litter on northern hairpin after 2 laps after getting complete brake failure, despite following bedding procedures and despite only running stock GTR power and street tyres.
  • Same thing happened on the following sprint day, after which the front pads were 100% worn and were in the bin
    [*]I used to have Ferodo DS2500 all round on my S15 and they always impressed even braking repetitively into the northern hairpin on semislicks. Granted they are twice the price but in my humble opinon they are in a different league for performance and are still great on the street. I would recommend them without hesitation.
  • The kitty litter must've got up my nose cos I went crazy and got a mad Project Mu kit, car now stops like it hit a brick wall but the HC16-03 pads I've got are definitely NOT suitable for the street - very very noisy - I'll be stepping back one rung when (if!) they wear out.
  • Still running A1RMs on the rear which are doing an adequate job

gslrallysport is a passionate defender (and vendor) of the A1RMs so if he's lurking I'm sure my negativity will be corrected, but as I said I've read that lots of people track them successfully and they are cheap, so give 'em a go and if they work then you're set.

I use these. I love them /thread :)

I use these. I love them /thread :)

+1 never tracked em so I have to accept the opinions of others, but the general concensus is theyre pretty decent, and they more than adequate for street use too

very versatile

-D

id be keen for some timing.

good for you krish, just a quick question, what are the QFM's like? i will be running r33 caipers on my car by track day and am currently

in the market for a decent set of track pads

cheers Bengi

i use them, and i rate them.

*waits for people to bring up my brake issues at the last track day*

id be keen for some timing.

i use them, and i rate them.

*waits for people to bring up my brake issues at the last track day*

what happened? did u have cracked rotor or something?

-D