SAU Community

Sausa Track Day #1

heslo

Dale how are we going for those timing gear mate????

I'm not sure on the numbers, i think Luke has missed a few people on the list. I would say that we will get the numbers needed.

The GSR/EVO club are having a committee meeting tonight (I think) and once it has been past the committee then we will have a definite answer. They have hired them out in the past so Matt and Tristan doesn't see there being a problem.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well well,

my GTR is nearly ready to rumble:

fit Hawk pads

bleed brakes

new semi's need to be fitted

repair intercooler pipe

fit straight pipe

However the S13 still has a long way to go:

finish the rewire

5 stud conversion

33 brakes

wheels

oil cooler + gauges

tune

Anyone who has nothing to do this Saturday is more than welcome to come swing a few spanners/screwdrivers!

Nigel.

Anyone who has nothing to do this Saturday is more than welcome to come swing a few spanners/screwdrivers!

Nigel.

And anyone left over can help me install my automatic sliding gate to the front of my house :)

Thanks!

prob last 1 lap :). mallala is known to b 1 of the hardest tracks on brakes in australia.... listen to wat every1 else is saying bout the qfm's

Edited by kh6gtr

MY bendix ultimates lasted 20mins at mallala at the front of my stagea, with slotted rotors

the rears with bendix heavy duty are only worn now, 6months later after the track day

got more bendix heavy duty for the rears, and a set of gtr r32 front calipers and slotted rotors, need a set of qfms for them

the car Im taking out, r32 sedan, has qfm a1rm's front and rear. 750degrees should be ok. the bnendix are rated ~400deg

Nice these should go good with the new slotted rotors just placed the order.

They are an awesome pad, make sure you bed them in properly and they will bite nice and hard.

Edited by DSTROY

prob last 1 lap :( . mallala is known to b 1 of the hardest tracks on brakes in australia.... listen to wat every1 else is saying bout the qfm's

I can vouch for that. Love the high speed turn 4, then hairpin turn 5. Best opportunity for passing anyone there ... if you've got balls big enough! :)

Unfortunately, the last time I took turn 5, I crashed into another racer who was going way too slow for that turn, and squared the turn off leaving me no where to go. I carried too much speed and committed to the undertake ... unsuccessfully! :D

Yeh I seen others talking of them, would they eat the sh*t out of my slotted rotors? Or will they be ok in them? How much $$ a pad am I looking at?
Done some searching seemed to be the way to go anyone in s.a sell them? And roughly know a price?

i am running the qfm a1rm's for this track day....never used them before but they seem to be pretty good value for price....good cold bite and well lets see how it goes on the track....i had mine fronts and rears delivered for $238....and i got them in only a few days after paying......very happy with them so far

im gonna end up runnin outta cash to rebuild my 32 brakes (need pistons and seal kits $400 alone on trade price let alone new lines, rotors and pads aswell) the car currently has ca brakes on it, i lost my licence 5months ago so im not missing this track day, i dont care if i gotta take it easy.

If i take 2 sets of new brake pads out there u think that will be enough? i kno the ca stoppers wont be the best but its better than not driving at all, like i said id rather take it easy than not drive haha.

it depends how you drive, im not sure what pads i have but they barely wore at all the whole day i was out there. Having said that, my car doesnt have alot of go to stop :P

well the sil is gutted now so its not pulling up a street trim car, and because i havnt driven in 5 months it can go 1 of 2 ways, either ill be slow, or im gonna go all out haha :P

the car will still have good rims and tyres on it, i reccon i can still drive fast and be easy on the brake pedals, its either that or someone sponsor me a grand to do the brakes haha :D

mite just get some bendix heavy dutys, like 1 set for rears and 2 sets for fronts