SAU Community

Cruise To The New Motorplex

SLED

Was a great turn out today.

Chanel's 9 & 10 didn't show very much but I reckon Chanel 7 had a greater presence there, so will check out their news in a few minutes.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the fact of going through the city and it was that packed full of cars left right and center!!!! AMAZING!! Felt good that most people didnt back out. Time to get our cars back on the road again!!!

I know! Ive never seen anything like it...

I think the organisers should be very proud of themselves of what they've achieved today. One thing I really liked was there was literally NO tension between the car and bike groups (Aussie, American, Euro, Jap etc.) because we were all there for the same reason...

Unfortunately I had a Aussie Day BBQ I had forgotten all about that I had to attend, so only went to the City Dismantlers meet spot for 10 mins and got my sticker .... was a pretty awesome collection of machines there - spewing I didn't get to see the whole entourage!

That d!ck Pat Conlon was ranting on the news about the fact that it was approved in theory pending further environmental and other reporting - bureaucratic nonsense, of course.

Unfortunately I had a Aussie Day BBQ I had forgotten all about that I had to attend, so only went to the City Dismantlers meet spot for 10 mins and got my sticker .... was a pretty awesome collection of machines there - spewing I didn't get to see the whole entourage!

That d!ck Pat Conlon was ranting on the news about the fact that it was approved in theory pending further environmental and other reporting - bureaucratic nonsense, of course.

Pat Conlon is full of shit, I should know, I've worked on his house...

But you are right Andrew, a great collection of machines! Some of what I saw at the TTP meet point was VERY impressive

channel 7 had a predictable segway unfortunate as it is to say

yeah, fatality in the hills

then

adelaide motorplex story

really good, stupid media. was good to see heaps of people representing too :)

I heard a few crazy V8s going past my work on the way to the cruise.

got to love the old knuckle draggers, good to see them out on the streets.

Be even better to be able to go & race against them every Sat night under

lights at a new venue.

Vote liberal

Was a really good turnout, glad we went.

One of the biggest points made was that SA already promotes 2 of the biggest motorsport events (the Clipsal 500 & the Classic Adelaide Rally) & somehow (according to the government) these events do not promote 'hoon driving', but building a state of the art facility with high levels of safety where members of the general public can burn off steam WITHOUT endangering members of the general public, is going to encourage people to do the same on the street. Double standards!

The coverage on the news was still a bit dissapointing, I can see the only way the full message is going to get through to the general public is - as the Motoplex team said in the speaches - to get it into everyones heads ourselves. Telling friends, family, business assocites etc.

Power is in numbers & we need as many as we can. The appalling road toll that we've had last year & so far this year just shows how bad thing have become. It also proves in general when it comes transport, the goverment has achieved nothing with it's current policies & it's about time it woke up to itself & started listening to people who actually know what the hell they are talking about!

Lets keep the momentum building people, the harder we hit them before the election, the more difficult it will be for the Labor Party to keep towing the same worn out line.

Edited by J_Red33

+1

Everyone in the car scene, commys, euro, jap, bikes etc need to join together to get what we want. Labor party is meant to be for the people so why arent they??? We need to have a cruise that it doesnt matter what cars are on it. Just get everyone on it!! Jeez guys bring ur parents, show them what u love to do (:

I think thats one of the biggest issues. Most parents and elders I know listen to the media too much..

yeh Ive been explaining to all and sundry how Isobel Redmond will get the complex a green light for go - so vote accordingly !!

rann fails again; to stay in power you give the people what they want.

pretty simple really

Was a great turn out today.

Chanel's 9 & 10 didn't show very much but I reckon Chanel 7 had a greater presence there, so will check out their news in a few minutes.

i am suprised that they dint make sum ridiculous headline like "bikies and hoons unite"

good to see that they had a massive turnout

+1

Everyone in the car scene, commys, euro, jap, bikes etc need to join together to get what we want. Labor party is meant to be for the people so why arent they??? We need to have a cruise that it doesnt matter what cars are on it. Just get everyone on it!! Jeez guys bring ur parents, show them what u love to do (:

I think thats one of the biggest issues. Most parents and elders I know listen to the media too much..

Kahli, unfortunately that statement is a lie fed to us by the Unions way back before Bob Hawke was PM and President of the ACTU.......and all the little people of this country have run with that statement ever since.......biggest and most successful bit of propaganda that the Labour Party have spun on the public since that time!

i am suprised that they dint make sum ridiculous headline like "bikies and hoons unite"

good to see that they had a massive turnout

yeah it was good to see the amount of special bikes attend too.

Lets just all become politics??? Yeah anyone anyone?? lol we'll change the law!

Good point Krishy... I was thinking about that yesterday.. they didnt even show any skylines on the news just the old skool cars. very surprising they didnt complain but then again we all got declined ):