SAU Community

Front Bar

skyline_freak_r33

Hi,

My mate gave me his R33 front bar.

But theres a couple of problems with it

Firstly it has a crack in the bottom of it

and also i want to insert some mesh in the two bottom corners of the bar. But hes chopped away at it and both sides have uneven sides.

What do you guys recommened to repair a crack?? I want something i can apply which will fill in the holea and i can sand it back?

Also what do you think i should use in terms of lasting and durability for the mesh?

And what do you recommened to keep it held in place?

thankyou

post-63140-1263522833_thumb.jpg

that to me looks like a series 1 or 1.5 front bar.....best thing to do is contact a Japanese Import Wrecker and see if they have a front bar of same sort in stock in good condition....JIS have a shiatload of panels and kits.....that will be cheaper option for you mate.....

hope this helps :(

well

first

take it to a

panel

beater.

then he will fix it, rub it back, and fibreglass in some metal tabs that can fold down to support the mesh.

go to autobarn

buy mesh (not blue)

then the rest is up to you

good

luck

it holds a special place with me for the fond memories for the net sau vs ns.com battles that soon followed its arrival :D

Yes ... I had deeply apologised to NS.com for not fitting cheap chinese or ebay parts to my car ... warranting their slagging, so they attacked the blue mesh. Clearly my error was not consulting them on how I should have modified my car. Shame on me for doing what I wanted and looking up brand names like Nismo, HKS, Apexi, Sard, Gates, Walbro, Turbosmart, BBS, just to name a few. :P

Whats your f**king problem with blue mesh? :P

:laugh:

LOL you really need to ask!?

Would look better with my boot sunk into it :laugh:

And on a serious note, I fully understand ns.com's lifetime ban just because you have blue mesh. :D

LOL you really need to ask!?

Would look better with my boot sunk into it :O

And on a serious note, I fully understand ns.com's lifetime ban just because you have blue mesh. :)

Take ya tractor and your rig, and move along old man :) We're perfectly capable of going OT without your assistance! :O

don't listen to half the people on here man... no one does their own stuff these days. no point taking it to a pannel beater or buying another one as youre gonna get ripped off either way.

that's an easy fix and you can do it at home for next to nothing.

i bought same style bumper bar off a member on here which was completely ripped in the bottom section, had 3 cracks through it.

(sorry no pics of before)

tools i used,

soldering ion + zipties

bog

primer

paint

firstly, align the cracks to where they ripped. Get someone to hold it in place or simply use duct tape to hold it all together temporarily.

use the soldering ion to melt the cracks and use zipties as a plastic filler, work the plastic in to itself with the soldering ion untill its completely joined together, it should look something like this:

th_DSC00095.jpg

then grab bog, mix it and fill in the uneven surface till it covers everything, sand it and keep repeating till its the right shape...

th_DSC00195.jpg

primer n paint. presto.

th_blakfront.jpg

i did it matte coz i was gonna respray the whole car like that at the time. unfortunately i smashed and cracked the bar again a few times so ill be doing this myself again soon.

hope this helped :P

Edited by SkyHi_33