SAU Community

Need some advice

Roy

Im going to be living and working in Fitzroy Jan thru April, and have a few questions you guys may be able ot help me with.

Firstly the place ill be staying in only has street parking... how big an issue is this? Car theft/vandalism etc whats it like in Fitzroy.

Also, i keep reading about the Vic RTA/EPA/Police are so strict down there, so having a car with an external wastegate and plenty of other goodies, will having NSW rego help me, or am i screwed as im guessing the NSW plates will mean im even more likely to get pulled over.

welcome to the state controlled by the gastapo (steve bracks and cronies). :)

well roy if u get pulled over i would have to say u took the risk of driving a car with an external gate so its really your own fault :D

get the gate plubed back to be safe.

fitzroy can be dodgy pm me the street and I'll give you a further run down ..

jsut make sure you have a removable face plate on your audio.

there are plenty of of housing commision flats in the area. and parking is a bitch cause all the yuppies live there and have 3 cars to one house when the houses went even designed for parking for one car :D

but plenty of restraunts and good food.

jsut be on your guard and dont wash your car:) that always helps

cheers

well roy if u get pulled over i would have to say u took the risk of driving a car with an external gate so its really your own fault

It doesnt open until about 4200rpm, so easy to drive around. :D

In syd its not a problem having mods that arent too lary, but in Vic im getting ready to be raped of all my money and patience, ill just do what my mate did, jimmy the bonnet latch so 99% of ppl cant open it, worst case a defect for faulty bonet latch!

I dont even know the street name where im staying, im looking forward to the move, but you guys sure have me worried about the nazis.

my external gate will be done with av band flange so for normal driving it will rejoin the exhaust but i can disattach it for dyno, track, drags etc! Then the cops wont hear the roar when the external gate opens in normal traffic

The coppers cant epa,canary your car also they cant take points of your licence if its interstate so youll be safe.

Ive heard that around the traps... so it is true, they cant defect a NSW registered and licenced car/person.

So wheres the best place to go for drinks, and find girls with an open mind?