SAU Community

5 Dead To-day's Accident

GTR-N1

Car hit tree along Plenty Rd Mill Park this morning. :P

Cops thought there were 2 dead; then 4; then 5 + a critical (15yr old). so sad.

Police looking for driver of a blue car that was close by.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car hit tree along Plenty Rd Mill Park this morning. :P

Cops thought there were 2 dead; then 4; then 5 + a critical (15yr old). so sad.

Police looking for driver of a blue car that was close by.

The Police needs to restrict those Fords/Holdens, simple as that.

Thats terrible. Possibly 5 to 6 families being woken up by the police telling them a family member is dead or seriously injured.

Just read on news.com that two p-plate drivers were caught doing 170kmh and running red lights on Burwood Highway. It was a Supra and an Integra... at least it wasn't a Skyline.

The pic of that xr6 mashed. dont even know how the girl survived.......the speed considered.. goes to show how foolish some kids are... who does shit like that with a full car load... fkn gives me chills, so fkn depressing

That's pretty sad.... they had to lift 3 dead bodies off the girl to get her out.. one of them was her own brother.

http://www.news.com.au/national/speeding-b...0-1225820472174

Speeding blamed for crash that killed five young men

January 17, 2010 10:55AM

SPEEDING is to blame for a smash that killed five young men in Melbourne's north early this morning, police said today.

Assistant Commissioner Tim Cartwright said the driver of the Ford sedan carrying six people from a party in Ivanhoe about 1.50am (AEDT) lost control on Plenty Road, Mill Park, in perfect conditions.

Careering through the Childs Road intersection, the 19-year-old driver from Wallan swerved onto the median strip, spun out of control, swerved back onto the road before the car ploughed into a large tree on the left verge.

Mr Cartwright estimates the vehicle was travelling at 140km/h when it struck and wrapped itself around the tree, which fell on to the car, splitting the vehicle apart.

"As far as we can tell the car's doing about 140km/h, Just crazy speeds," he told reporters at the scene.

"There are six young people on board, five of them have died instantly. How many times do we have to say to people speed kills?

"This isn't speed, this is just lunacy."

Police have ruled out drag racing as a factor in the accident but witnesses are being urged to come forward.

Mr Cartwright said residents in the neighbourhood reported some erratic driving earlier in the evening but it was yet to be determined whether the reports were related to the same car.

He said the Ford sedan was high-powered but within the categories of cars allowed for P-plate drivers.

Among the six people in the car was a 19-year-old P-plate driver from Wallan and his 21-year-old brother.

Also killed were a 19-year-old man from Morang and another man from Wallan whose age has not been confirmed.

A 15-year-old Epping girl seated in the back of the car and restrained by a seatbelt was the only survivor.

She is in a serious but stable condition in Royal Melbourne Hospital.

Her 19-year-old brother was one of those killed in the crash.

Ambulance paramedic Ron McLeod said rescue workers had to lift three of the dead teens off the 15-year-old to free her from the crushed vehicle.

"I've been a paramedic for 30 years and this is the most horrific scene I've ever seen," Mr McLeod said.

"It was just carnage everywhere, especially with five young lives that have been lost."

Mr McLeod said the first paramedics on the scene, a Mobile Intensive Care Ambulance (MICA) crew, reported two people were dead.

But when he arrived at the crash, he was told the number was four.

As the emergency rescue operation began to free the trapped girl, a fifth body was discovered.

"To actually have to take those deceased patients out of the vehicle to get to the patient ... it was just traumatic for the MICA crew, the advanced life support crew, the police that were at the scene, the fire brigade at the scene, everyone that was there.

"It's just a horrific scene up there at the moment.

"It will certainly be something that will stick with all the emergency workers and especially the family.

"The young lady was conscious through the whole ordeal.

"I've been into the Royal Melbourne (Hospital) to see her and she is still conscious.

"She's got some fractures - a very lucky lady to be alive."

Mr Cartwright said the scene was the worst major collision unit members had seen.

Pathology tests would determine whether alcohol and drugs played a role in the crash, he said.

"At this stage we don't know whether drugs or alcohol were involved."

Must have been helluva speed he was doing 'cause that tree that was knocked over was what - 20m or 60ft tall???

Paramedic (Mr McLeod) said, "...worst accident I've seen in 30 years" sh/t

Yes, poor families numb > shock > anger > grief!!!

rest in peace

but you guys are seriously off the planet

one guys says the police should restrict fords and holdens

and the other says that fords cant handle for peanuts

none of those have any factual purpose based on what you know about the accident

the car was doing speeds (est 140km/h) and then it hit a tree

so a number of things could have caused that (we dont know what)

i mean if he was in a skyline GTR vpsec II the same thing could have happened

and if the car was restricted, let's say 30% less power cos "the police should"

it can still hit 140km/h it will just take longer to reach 140km/h

and if you cap it at 100km/h its just as bad, hitting a tree (or anything) at 100km/h is bad

I went past this morning as its not far from my house and there was very little skid marks on the road only two marks in the gravel so i think they had little or no time to react and get on the brakes.

RIP boys sad to see lives taken so young.

If only there had been a speed camera there, none of this would have happened [/cynical].

But seriously, how many times does it have to happen before young, inexperienced drivers get it through the thick, boney, protective layer of the brain.

And rocklee, the girl is seriously injured, not dead, bozo!

rest in peace

but you guys are seriously off the planet

one guys says the police should restrict fords and holdens

and the other says that fords cant handle for peanuts

none of those have any factual purpose based on what you know about the accident

the car was doing speeds (est 140km/h) and then it hit a tree

so a number of things could have caused that (we dont know what)

i mean if he was in a skyline GTR vpsec II the same thing could have happened

and if the car was restricted, let's say 30% less power cos "the police should"

it can still hit 140km/h it will just take longer to reach 140km/h

and if you cap it at 100km/h its just as bad, hitting a tree (or anything) at 100km/h is bad

The current laws allow Ford and Holden to produce these type of cars for P platers, this is business. Furthermore, these cars are cheap to make and cheap to go fast in a straight line. Then kids (and some companies) forget about the brakes and suspensions to handle all that power. I'd take my chances in a Skyline than a Ford but that's not the point as you said (besides P platers can't drive GTRs). The point is these 6 kids should have known better, they should have checked each other but they didn't, and they picked the right car to speed quickly to 140km/h on suburban roads and hit a tree.

If the law enforces further restrictions on powered cars, in particular Holdens and Fords, this will affect business and big bosses don't want that.