SAU Community

Tial Copy 50mm Bov

Mishy

I have a GTST 96 model and have just put a saber intercooler kit on and replaced hot pipe and crossover pipe (top pipe) to inlet. I have also put on an apexi pod filter and the BOV on. The only other mod is the exhaust; from cat back, everything else is stock.

The problem i am having is the BOV fitted does not have a soft or hard setting therefore will not open properly, i have been advised to cut 15-30mm off the valve spring but am not sure if this will fix the problem or cause further dramas??

Can anyone HELP!

Maybe a replacement spring for this valve is available?

cheers guys

Mishy

cutting it will make it stiffer, less coils makes a higher spring rate... yet perhaps its too long :S

i dont understand tho, the title says TIAL 50mm copy, which makes me think you mean a external WG, but your talking about a bov?

More info is required, and explain what is not working properly

Or you could put the factory one back on there, won't cost you a cent and will work fine.

I mean fair enough you've changed it (you should have used a GTR one)... but to change for a copy? Thats silly.

Cutting the spring might work, but totally depends if its now to short and won't seat properly, rendering the BOV totally useless with the chopped spring in there

cutting it will make it stiffer, less coils makes a higher spring rate... yet perhaps its too long :S

i dont understand tho, the title says TIAL 50mm copy, which makes me think you mean a external WG, but your talking about a bov?

More info is required, and explain what is not working properly

Its a tial 50mm BOV copy (non genuine) it was actually given to me. Still factory turbo and wastegate.

Since the modifications mentioned in my original post the BOV will not open properly, we think maybe not enough boost for this size BOV. But we dont want to up the boost just yet as still standard turbo and dont want to damage anything.

Pretty sure even genuine Tial does not have soft hard setting, already had custom top pipe made to fit this BOV, so would have to have another top pipe made to change BOV if thats what your suggesting.

Really just curious if i can get a replacement valve spring with correct spring tension to make this BOV work.

Cheers for your feedback

Mishy

Or you could put the factory one back on there, won't cost you a cent and will work fine.

I mean fair enough you've changed it (you should have used a GTR one)... but to change for a copy? Thats silly.

Cutting the spring might work, but totally depends if its now to short and won't seat properly, rendering the BOV totally useless with the chopped spring in there

Hi,

Unfortunately as i have changed the top pipe i will have to put stock one back on to put stock BOV on.

My boyfriend got this work done for me and I only found out today it was not a genuine tial... i tend to agree with you about the genuine stuff but apparently even genuine Tials dont have soft hard setting which i think is the poroblem, otherwise i would have bought one.

But yes that was my worry about them hacking my spring as i dont want to do any damage...

Do you know if i can get another spring that will fit that will have correct tension?

Cheers mate

Mishy

Unfortunately as i have changed the top pipe i will have to put stock one back on to put stock BOV on.

no you don't.

You'll have to weld to get the TIAL one on there, so what's the difference to just welding to put a GTR one on there?

Will cost you around $50 IMO to have it welded + stock GTR BOV (~$70).

Problem solved, and the GTR BOV will hold 370rwkw in single form.

no you don't.

You'll have to weld to get the TIAL one on there, so what's the difference to just welding to put a GTR one on there?

Will cost you around $50 IMO to have it welded + stock GTR BOV (~$70).

Problem solved, and the GTR BOV will hold 370rwkw in single form.

Thanks for your help.

Mishy