SAU Community

Need Pictures - R33 Automatic Shift Knob

theforce

Hi Guys, currently trying to get my r33 gts-t on road and the top button for the automatic shift knob is broken (so won't pass RWC). As we all know that the stock r33 auto gear knob is the ugliest thing ever :D , I want to change it to something small and better looking. The 300zx z32 auto gear knob is still too big. I have seen a pen type with a button on top and also one with a auto gear boot (makes it look like a manual). Not fussed about the o/d, can put a switch somewhere.

If anyone has modified their, could they please post some pictures, how they installed and where they purchased the items from.

Tried looking in forums, but found nothing useful as all replies suggested to change to manual, which I don't want to do. If I want to shift gears, I'll drive my GT-R.

Any suggestions welcome. :rant:

• 4 weeks later...

I had an auto R33 a few years ago I modified a S2 stagea knob to fit and retained the o/d switch. I then fitted a manual boot and surround, it came up very nice.

I ended up pulling it out though as i fitted a full manualised auto and sequential B&M shifter in the car.

post-43220-1266642221_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing :) . We got the same h/unit, lol. You wouldn't happen to still have your stagea shift knob with you? As mine has a broken button and getting difficult to shift.

Also, how much does the B&M set you back? Is it easy to install?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
got a auto shift knob and screwed it on. problem solved. will post a picture soon!

hi mate,

just wonderin ..can we get knob with button on top or it has to be a T style crap...i'm eager to chane my ugly gear knob aswell...

which knob did u get...brand????

thankssssss

• 3 months later...