SAU Community

Where To Go In Canberra?

sare

asl? any pix?

haha kidding! take it easy :P

Pubs/clubs hmm? well nightclub-wise I'd say your choice is fairly decent, though a lot of people dislike them.

All nightclubs in the city here are located within a 5 minute (15 if you're pissed like me) walk of each other, and cover charges are either $5 at a couple, or $10 at one on a saturday night.

You have choices of (in order of social-popularity as far as I'm concerned) Mooseheads, Uni Pub, Academy ,ICBM and a few others I couldn't be arsed getting links for lol. Namely Meche, Shooters, and the all-popular Cube (for those alternative boys, and women who don't want to be harassed). Pub-wise in the city, I can only really think of King O'Malley's Irish pub, and PJ's....but I avoid that stuff.

Friday nights (not too sure about Easter weekend though) we often have our weekly meetup for general chit chat and shenannigans, not always car related, not always mature :D

Otherwise I'll leave the general touristy-style attractions listing to the more normal and mature members to post up, as my weekend attractions are limited to the pool. I think we have a museum and stuff. idk.

haha but you should have a good weekend, bringing your skyline?

Edited by Trozzle

Ah cool I will check them out :P

Do any of them do good dance/trance?.. (by dance i don't mean 80's electro haha!)

Nah the 34 is staying at home.. would love to drive it if I had more time but just flying over for the couple of days!

Sare

Lot 33 has less mainstream shit and more of the good stuff :P though it's a little "out of the way" in kingston, unless you intend on just staying there. I've never personally been, but reviews say they play more break stuff, being DnB, and a little hard trance/house. Honestly, short of trying your luck there or hoping that either Academy/Murcury bar have an event going with a REAL DJ, Canberra fair sucks for good music. We're very generic, catering for far too many bandwagon top40 pisshead football players (no offense intended if this is anyone reading this, but you know what you are) lol

sinsations filled w/ creepy looking dude every weekend. not really a good place to hang out. lols.

u can try our half-legal s"weed"y green colored leaf in here. as long as its for "personal consumption". :);):teehee:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Academy is sh!thouse... Its full of teenie sl_ts wearing next to nothing and underage d_ckheads who think they're tough using a fake I.D to get into a club so they can drink copious amounts of vodka and red bull and 'score' with some easy lay who has no self respect.

(I dont like Academy). :D