SAU Community

Rb25 Turbo

OMGGTR

Hi guys,

Quick question... im after roughly 230awkw on my gts4.. will a stock rb25 turbo get me this ? i know about that ceramic shit but if the ceramic wheels replaced can i achieve good results without going and spending a couple of grand on a new turbo ?

just asking coz theres one for sale for 100 bux with a dodgy actuator on another thred.. might grab it if u guys give me good feedback ?

cheers guys!

would this be a direct bolt on to replace my rb20 one? also for the time being is this a beter turbo untill i get it high flowed and stuff? ill be puting my rb20 actuator as the one on it is apparently not holding boost so what do u guys recon for 100 bux should i grab it ?

would this be a direct bolt on to replace my rb20 one? also for the time being is this a beter turbo untill i get it high flowed and stuff? ill be puting my rb20 actuator as the one on it is apparently not holding boost so what do u guys recon for 100 bux should i grab it ?

If the turbo itself is good and its only an actuator thing then it is pretty cheap. Do a search for putting 25 turbo onto a 20 :D

Straight swap, you will just need the turbo elbow with the turbo. Everything else will bolt straight on. If the turbo is fine and its only the actuator than that is a good upgrade for $100 assuming you can swap the turbo yourself. To put it into perspective, i sold my stock turbo for $250.

Quote seller "A little in and out on the rear housing turbine, but no shaft play side to side "

so all i need is the turbo elbow and I'm set i really wana do the install myself as i really wanna learn about it all and want to give myself the experience not afraid to attempt it... am i going to need gaskets n shit ?

The turbo sounds to be in good condition if the seller is telling the truth, for $100 worth the risk.

Yes you will need a T3 exhaust gasket that goes between the manifold and the turbo. Your dump pipe gasket might be fine if it is a metal one, however replace it anyway since it is all apart and the gasket doesn't cost that much. You may need some washers, bolts or nuts if some need to be replaced. Good to hear that you want to do it yourself, it's the best way to learn and you will learn a lot from doing this. Just follow the instructions on some of the threads on SAU and if you have any questions while doing something ask some one to make sure you don't have to pull it all off again. There isn't much that can go wrong so go for it.

Edited by PM-R33