SAU Community

Gtr Bonnet + Lip

wAAA`

hey guys, i have a chopped r32 gtst bonnet with a gtr lip on it.. before i put it on the car i thought i should re glue it since the lip is sort of falling off! lol

what can i use to glue it together!? :D

umm, not quite sure all i know is, its the same as a gtr lip! lol

i got that sikaflex stuff and worked great! dont think its ever coming off haha

thanks guys

what type of lip is it? mine was cut and a lip was stuck on with screws inside the engine bay... some people actually though mine was original aswell lol

Same. Only when you lift a genuine gtr bonnet do you realise how much difference there is.

i know its not really topic related. but im about to do the same thing. can you post up pictures of the bonnet you cut to make it look like the gtr bonnet?

im after pictures of top of the bonnet and bottom of the bonnet.

what did you use to cut it with? angle grinder?

Same. Only when you lift a genuine gtr bonnet do you realise how much difference there is.

thats because genuine gtr bonnet's are made of aluminium and gts-t bonnets are made of metal.

i dont really want to pay 500 for a bonnet + gtr hinges to make it fit as i only like the appearance.

maybe i should rust proof mine.. a some coats of primer should help aye?

im just waiting for my lip to come in, hope its in one piece and doesnt come snapped.

exact same reason with me, didn't really want to spend that much for just a bonnet when its going to look exactly the same!

and the sikaflex worked really well i don't think its ever going to come off! lol

heres a pic for those thinking to do the same

img0333g.th.jpg

needs a wash from all the finger prints on there :D

oh and bert_ i actually bought the bonnet chopped with the lip, i just sanded it down really good making sure everything was smooth and put it together using "sikaflex" as told to by the users above (thanks!) :D

im guessing angle grinder?

heres a pic

doesnt look to appealing but looks perfect from the outside haha

img0334wi.th.jpg

Edited by wAAA`

oh and bert_ i actually bought the bonnet chopped with the lip, i just sanded it down really good making sure everything was smooth and put it together using "sikaflex" as told to by the users above (thanks!) :)

im guessing angle grinder?

heres a pic

doesnt look to appealing but looks perfect from the outside haha

img0334wi.th.jpg

thanks for the picture, haha well its the outside appearance that matters. i was just afraid of cutting it and having a massive gap that air could get in and lift my bonnet. but thats just me being paranoid.

ive got a carbon lip do you think ill be able to glue it on aswell using sikaflex?

Edited by bert_