SAU Community

Are R32 Gtr Brakes Weaker Than Gtses?

I got someone to help me test the brakes on my car and he pointed out that they don't seem to respond as well as his GTS, given that his car is lighter I expect my car to give up a few inches.

However it seems that my brakes really doesn't brake as well as his. I've checked my pads and they look fine, as with the rotors.

What seems to be the problem? I've known about the brakes since I got the car 6 years ago and thought this was normal.

I got someone to help me test the brakes on my car and he pointed out that they don't seem to respond as well as his GTS, given that his car is lighter I expect my car to give up a few inches.

you have a GTR. ie you have a front wheels with driveshafts in them. its nose heavy compared to a lighter GTS as you have an extra turbo, heavier hubs and suspension etc. an extra diff in the engine, driveshafts, an ABS system etc etc.

you have a GTR. ie you have a front wheels with driveshafts in them. its nose heavy compared to a lighter GTS as you have an extra turbo, heavier hubs and suspension etc. an extra diff in the engine, driveshafts, an ABS system etc etc.

hehe. I think he knows the GTR will "give up a few inches" due to weight, but has it been compared to another GTR?

( I would still cover the basics, if it has shit pads from a RWC such as bendix advance in it it won't stop for shit for example.)

Little things like the age of the rubber brakeline hoses (older hose will "stretch" and relieve some of the braking pressure) and firewall flex (relieving pressure applied from the pedal to the master cylinder) can have an effect on braking efficiency.

Thanks. I'll get those checked out.

RB_ryan, all stock. When I slam on the brakes there's no skidding or sense of urgency. It could be the hoses or something other than the brake pads and rotors themselves.

I assume you've already changed the brake fluid and bled the calipers (which is the best place to start), but have you bled the ABS? You need a vacuum pump to do it.

Second step is getting pads with higher co-efficient of friction.

I am running gtr brakes in my bunky, so carrying a weight penalty over and above what a gtr has even (all steel front panels).. Recently rebuilt the whole lot with new discs, good pads, rebuilt m/c and good fluid. Stops awesome.

MrKotter, you don't need a vacuum pump, I did the whole lot with one of those one man bleeder kits, ie, tube in a little bottle.

Edited by heller44

MrKotter, you don't need a vacuum pump, I did the whole lot with one of those one man bleeder kits, ie, tube in a little bottle.

Heller how does that work with the ABS higher than the reservoir? I ended up shelling out for a hand pump to do mine after replacing the ABS.