SAU Community

Rear Discs ?

hi all,

ok so i need rear discs 4 the 30, (290mm)

i have heard u can use 300zx as they are similar, but the hat height is differnt so need to space out caliper? which i dont want to do,

my question(s) has ne 1 tried to use a s13 rear brake setup. i no the calipers + pads are same, wondering if braket and disc wouuld mount up ?

or i was thinkin i could use aussie spec caliper brakets and discs? ne 1 done this ?

the oz rear disk setup which includes the trailing arm (has the hubs &brackets all on it)gets pinched for the datto 1600/180b crew so i guess its possible to put it in what you have... but do you already have rear disks? i confused!

i do have one here, but im hopeing to keep it for future adjustable setup

im more than happy to get measurements and pics for you

the oz rear disk setup which includes the trailing arm (has the hubs &brackets all on it)gets pinched for the datto 1600/180b crew so i guess its possible to put it in what you have... but do you already have rear disks? i confused!

i do have one here, but im hopeing to keep it for future adjustable setup

im more than happy to get measurements and pics for you

I was under the impression only the (MR30 - OZ) 'hatch' had the disc rear end ?, I know the one I have has it, but for the others I don't know for sure

Nigel

r31 and s13 (sr20) rears r the same. im runnin them on the back of my dr. but with vs commo calipers. using hydraulic handbrake tho,

as commodore handbrake is drum

sweet, vs como be pbr so same as 31? makes sense.. i would like to run the s13 set up as ive forked out 4 pmu d1 pads! como/ 31 pads are different hey ?

either way cheers i no its atleast worth the effort now..

thanks ay

yea have rear discs just undersized(mag 86) sorry 4 confusion

hi all,

ok so i need rear discs 4 the 30, (290mm)

i have heard u can use 300zx as they are similar, but the hat height is differnt so need to space out caliper? which i dont want to do,

my question(s) has ne 1 tried to use a s13 rear brake setup. i no the calipers + pads are same, wondering if braket and disc wouuld mount up ?

or i was thinkin i could use aussie spec caliper brakets and discs? ne 1 done this ?

What's wrong with a spacer? Your talking about a 5mm spacer washer as opposed to a conversion, or using smaller diameter rotors off the Oz delivered car?????????

That would be insane IMHO.

Cheers, D

yea on a r31 rears vn-vs calipers fit. same spacing etc and just use commo pads.

just remembered that im runnin brackets that the calipers mount on cos was old r180 drum rear which i converted to disk. so have to double check the caliper bolt spacing on stock r30 rear disk brake calipers. if that makes any sense.. oh and with commodore calipers u cant use ur handbrake cos their drum. so either r31 calipers or just r30's (280zx?)