SAU Community

R34 Servicing

cr4ig0

Hi, just bought an R34 GTT and ive got about 3 months before i can legally drive it so first thing im gonna do while its off the road is have a good look around and replace some shiz.

I know its got a good service history in the past and it was last serviced about 10,000 ago.

I intend on doing the oil n oil filter (putting a 7.5w30 oil in) the engine bay and other fluids are very clean n no leaks but im wondering what else you guys think i should look for or replace? I'm gonna check the spark plugs see if they need replacing as well as cleaning the air filter. I'm used to normal servicing on cars but i want to be thorough with this car. I also have a couple hoses im going to replace as they are hard or deteriorating. But any other suggestions? Its at 150km which i know is pretty high and thats another reason for the thoroughness of this particular check.

Hi, just bought an R34 GTT and ive got about 3 months before i can legally drive it so first thing im gonna do while its off the road is have a good look around and replace some shiz.

I know its got a good service history in the past and it was last serviced about 10,000 ago.

I intend on doing the oil n oil filter (putting a 7.5w30 oil in) the engine bay and other fluids are very clean n no leaks but im wondering what else you guys think i should look for or replace? I'm gonna check the spark plugs see if they need replacing as well as cleaning the air filter. I'm used to normal servicing on cars but i want to be thorough with this car. I also have a couple hoses im going to replace as they are hard or deteriorating. But any other suggestions? Its at 150km which i know is pretty high and thats another reason for the thoroughness of this particular check.

Congrats on the new car. I would change the spark plugs no matter what, tire pressure, battery, fuel filter, oil, oil filter. Just go over the whole car.

oil,filter,spark plugs,air filter,fuel filter

make sure u gap them plugs right

has the timing belt been done?

^^^ +1 including timing belt/tensioners if history is sketchy.

Whilst changing plugs, check looms/coils for hardness/burn-scorch marks.

Change all coolant fluid if it's still got Japanese H2O inside.

Start your log book if you haven't got one.

PM me if you want details of the Nissan Servicing Schedule in English (official UK version)

I definatly would get oils done asap. then filters and sparks plugs.

Also, i always buy new wiper blades when i get a car. No one ever seems to replace the crusty rubbers.

Best $7 you will ever spend for those wet days.

whilst on the topic about servicing, just wondering if it be alright to use 15w-50 on the 34, i just got some laying around that's all.

Edited by Altia_R34

• 2 weeks later...