SAU Community

Need help with boots controller!

R30_turbo

Hey guys.... I tried to install a boost controller on my HR30 and i have run into a few problems.

today i was attempting to install my Turbosmart gated boost controller with my mate, and we didnt have much success. It has a triple hybrid turbo. the compressor is standard i think and the exhaust is from some comodore. the response was very out of wack and sometimes it wouldnt come on boost at all. basically it was behaving nothing like it should, and we were 100% sure of all installation points... any ideas??

we also after having no success with the first item, tried another model that my freind had awaiting employment in his car, and had the exact same result. we had not turned up the boost at all, and it was behaving very oddly.

any help PLEASE!

Also why is there a tee coming from the compressor housing and the outlet pipe and feeding the wastegate actuator? Isn't there normally only one coming from the outlet pipe and feeding the actuator?

do they both need to be connected or can i block one?

I really need some advise on this. Any help would be much appreciated. :D

it should go from the intercooler pipe to the bootcontroller then to actuator just one hose,

the arrow on the boost controler should be on the same path towards the actuator

the hose that i am using with the boost controller conected runs between the actuator and a Y junktion with both of those tubes running into the turbo