SAU Community

Rb30/ Rb34

Davyboy

Hey guys im about to embark on an engine build for my R33 GTS-T

The engine will be a RB30 block, with an RB26 head with twin turbos.

i was looking on the net and came across a website that sells a 3.4L stroker kit for an RB30

I was wondering if putting that in would be much of a gain? iv searched the forum and cant find anyone that has done it.

It would give me more displacement and torque obviously, but i guess that would also cut the ability to rev down as well

Would it be worth it?

cheers

There is only one.. as far as I know.. there was weird offset ground one off thing, but no production kits.

Look in forced induction - rb30 conversions subforum

Edited by heller44

Davy, I highly suggest thoroughly reading the RB30 subsection of the Forced Induction forum.

If you have any questions after that, then post up or PM me. Haven't done a 30 with a 26 head but we've built them with 25DE and 25DET heads so will advise where I can :(

And yes, Spool Imports will be making the 3.4L stroker kits. I believe he has two set of pistons and cranks ready to go in test engines, I wouldn't be holding my breath as to when they're available though. Which in that case, if you really do want to go RB34 at some point, maybe a stock rebuilt (freshened up) bottom end is the way to go until the 3.4L kits are released.

Edited by bubba

cheers for that i wasnt aware that it was only a test package lol

bubba: i have read the subforum. from what i understand the 26 head will bold straight up, just needs a little modification, but not as much as the 25. i will probably be in touch when i start the build :down:

hey davyboy, im looking to do a similar build your doing, 3.4 stroker with a single to4z, ive got a few parts together already and im hanging out to see how this kit performs.

ive heard about spool doing a 3.4 stroker kit but a friend has told me that a comapny called nitto performance engineering are doing a sroker kit aswell but there are no details on their website yet.

• 4 months later...