SAU Community

R33 - 300rwkw! HELPP

max.89

Hey.

I got a pretty much stock r33 at the moment, and i got $11k to spend on mods to get it to, or past 300rwkw :D

Could someone please give me a list of mods, to get it up that high, and a place to get it done within melbourne.. also.. the rough price..

Thanks!

Search through this thread, this isnt the first time its being discussed and I'm tired of repeating myself over and over again to newbies. I've spent probably around 11-12k on my mods listed below.

339 hp @ the wheels, is how much in kw ?

I'm sure there's plenty of places around that'll take your money.

This is a good starter thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=30517

The HPI R34 project that's been a standard of conversion here is also a good idea of where to begin.

292rwkW was the last figure but I think they spent quite a bit more than what you got, I'm not trying to put you down, it's just that 250rwkW is a 'realistically economical' goal but then the money spent starts to spiral.

T.

Robs car could go 300rwkw with pistons and a wilder tune as he is only running low boost etc.

GTS t VESPECs car is 300+rwkw on factory inturnals but he wants to build a motor so a blow up dosen't worry him so just copy one of these two guys cars but fit a set of Forged pistons.

go the gtr atleast you know the rb26dett will handel more the power :( with out worring about it blowning up.

or maby a conversion ? thats always cheaper option but get the 4wd conversion aswell.

you'll have a lighter body any way.

i've seen a gtst with rb26 in it that pulls 400kws at rear wheels.

i know what i'd be doing with the money :thumbsup:

(sell gtst + mod money = gtr :)) (or rb26dett 4wd conversion :))

blah anyone can do it with a gtr, there no fun there.

As meggala said my car is 95% finished to run around 300rwkw (atleast till the stock internals blow :thumbsup:) And if they do blow i will just re build with all good internals. From totally stock it will cost u around 15g for good bolt ons for 300rwkw without having problems and keeoing the stock internals alive for long as possible, minus internal work on the engine.

If you feel like being different and don't mind the possible traction issues, then go with the GTS-t.

If you want good 0-100km/h times and want a daily driver friendly car then go the GTR.

It's upto personal choice.

Both have good points and bad points, so it's upto what you want in the car.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to pass up the 4wd :thumbsup:

A friend picked up a very nice 1994 R32 GTR for $28K. After getting to know the car, he's best 0-100km/h time is 3.9 seconds ! And that's quick in anyones terms. The car is running as he bought it ie. he hasn't done anything further to it.

J

what mods are done to the gtr? coz 3.9 to 100 make it in the same league as a mclaren f1 road car

That was Andrew's (Ethan_R32) car.

Going by the dyno sheet that Andrew gave us it was running 240kw @ wheels at around 0.9 bar.

We test drove another GTR here in Canberra that just had exhaust and boost and it felt like a slug compared to Andrews ! Maybe who ever tuned/serviced it did a good job? Not sure...

I don't know all of the mods, but a few that come to memory are 3 1/2 ehaust (stock dumps), high flow cat, R34 N1 turbos, HKS adj cam gears etc.. Still running stock ECU though.... :thumbsup:

Anyways, a bit off topic.. sorry..

J