SAU Community

Going For My Motorbike P's

Slow S13

Hi all!

Am going to start living life on two wheels so have booked in with Honda to do my licence test on Feb 13th. Have grown up on dirtbikes and have had a little expirience on Roadbikes. I can ride but am not a pro buy any means,

Anyone done this course??

Thoughts?

Hint and tips??

Your input appreciated

If you have a fair bit of experience with dirt bikes etc I doubt you will have any problems. I haven't done the test but I have a few mates who had 0 experience on a bike and they got through it no problem. Once I get my license back I'll be doing mine :(

Good for you mate! don't listen to what others say about how dangerous bikes are - ride for yourself and yourself only!

well i got my motorbike P's last year and had less EXP than you, like next to nothing... i did one day and got my licence. you will be fine as long as you listen to the instructor. If your going to Rocklea Pro Honda, you will most likely get Trent - hes a really top guy!

good luck and dont stress, shit your pants before you go because you wont have time to shit whilst on the bike!

yeah my only tip is soak up everything they say...

forget everything you think you know, just do exactly what they say and you will be fine...

dont be ashamed if you need a second day to get your license there is no rush, safety first not just for you but for all motorists...

I wouldn't do it through Honda, but that's only based on what a couple of ppl have told me.... I went through a bloke in Caboolture, top guy. Rick Haidle I'm pretty sure his name is.

I wouldn't do it through Honda, but that's only based on what a couple of ppl have told me.... I went through a bloke in Caboolture, top guy. Rick Haidle I'm pretty sure his name is.

I've heard good things about honda, what have you heard?

yeah keen to hear any feedback on them as well, I have already booked though so we will just wait and see,

Been out on the road following my mate yesterday, seem to go ok, Qiuetly confident..

Advanced rider Training, wouldn't be the go for me.

No experience on road bikes, very little on dirt bikes years ago.

Will keep looking around.

If anyone knows of any course/provider for someone like me, let me know. Also rough cost as well.

Cheers

I haven't heard a lot. Just that its not one on one like it was for me with my instructor. If I made a mistake I got great feedback and intruction on how to improve, which pretty much guaranteed a pass. It is really really simple to get the licence. The hard part is day to day riding and having to watch out for maniac's trying to kill you at every oportunity.

In saying that I wouldn't swap my bike for anything, I love it!

lol, a little bias in play there, mr gabnr?

haha, thanks for pointing that smity. But i work for honda cars, not bikes. It was when i was working at holden, i got told to go to honda for q ride. So no, not being bias at all. But yeah, i get what you mean jaser34, i've seen a group of L's bikes getting around near the honda in rocklea.

If anyone is biased to honda bikes its me :P I love em! But I just wanted the one on one and I really think it was worth it. I think I paid $300 and it took from about 8am till lunchtime. Then I went home and rode all afternoon!!

woo hoo jase.. free bump!

Sunday is the day, cant wait!!

on a funny note, Wife say "what are we doing valentines day?' I say " Not sure what your doin, Im going to get my bike licence so i can spend the weekends riding with my mates!" lol..GOLD!