SAU Community

Interested In C10/110/210

I've been working hard on restoring a KE30 which I was given :(. As this project is starting to wind up.. a complete RB25 has wound up in my possession. A have had a very strong desire to own a classic skyline and now i'm starting to look around a little bit. Had a look at a C210 240K on the weekend but the rear end damage put me off. The car was brought to my attention because a friend knew of it. How do I go about finding these things other than just word of mouth? ;).

How do I go about finding these things other than just word of mouth? ;).

I've was looking for a coupe (KHGC110) for about 5 year,

in the end my brothers friend had one, so now I have it.

In Tassie, these are extremely rare to find.

good luck, if you find one, this site has lots of information on them

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102

Nigel

Edited by noddle

The Datsun Skyline C210 is a different car to the Datsun 240K (C110) in Australia. The 240k (metal grill) ran from 73 -77, and the C210-C211 (plastic grill) ran from 78-82.

I'd wager the car you had a look at was a blue C210 coupe. Did these guys actually talk to you? They wouldn't have a bar of me, and I've been chasing that specific hunk of rubbish for a couple of years.

In my opinion, word of mouth is actually the best way to get hold of the car you want. You might find what you want on ebay or trading post (2 C210s available this week) but as you are competing with a bigger market the cars often sell for more.

Can I ask why you want that car? :) I wont be giving out details unless they say it's ok :).

My parents had a 240k which looks like a skyline C110 to me in the photos.. this is the car i'm tracking down.. but a C210 would be awesome too.

i just assumed you didnt want to buy it, if your still thinking it over then no problem.

well my plan with the car wud be to buy it, take it to scrap metal and watch it get crushed, i just get my thrills that way :) . do you mean if i wud part it out or repair it, if it took my fancy i wud be after repairing and restore.

Can I ask why you want that car? ;) I wont be giving out details unless they say it's ok ;).

My parents had a 240k which looks like a skyline C110 to me in the photos.. this is the car i'm tracking down.. but a C210 would be awesome too.

240k and C110 are the same thing in Australia.

I've been chasing a smashed up C210 coupe in Melbourne (maybe the same on as you) - it would feed parts to a friends C211 coupe project/a C210 coupe project and to my own C210 sedan.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 240k 4dr partly restored in good condition rebuilt L24 injected turbo front mount intercooler GT tail lights would part with it at the right price. Email me if you want more info..

I've been working hard on restoring a KE30 which I was given :P . As this project is starting to wind up.. a complete RB25 has wound up in my possession. A have had a very strong desire to own a classic skyline and now i'm starting to look around a little bit. Had a look at a C210 240K on the weekend but the rear end damage put me off. The car was brought to my attention because a friend knew of it. How do I go about finding these things other than just word of mouth? :) .

I have a 240k 4dr partly restored in good condition rebuilt L24 injected turbo front mount intercooler GT tail lights would part with it at the right price. Email me if you want more info..

Is this the red one that tooted/waved at me on Hampstead rd heading towards the city around Christmas time? It looked really tidy and sounded nice as it went past.

I have spent alot of time and money on the engine ,engine bay and tuning .It also has good 5speed suspention bushes ect.It needs new paint and interior .As you probably know it is almost impossible to find one with very little rust.It took a long time to find this one as it has vertually none.I want at least $5500 for it.And yes it is a HGC110 1974 badged as skyline in Japan

A 110? :laugh: what sort of price is realistic though? Z cars of this era are like 15G but datsuns are 500 bucks.. make sense of this :) .

No not me that car belongs to a good friend of mine .

Is this the red one that tooted/waved at me on Hampstead rd heading towards the city around Christmas time? It looked really tidy and sounded nice as it went past.

I have spent alot of time and money on the engine ,engine bay and tuning .It also has good 5speed suspention bushes ect.It needs new paint and interior .As you probably know it is almost impossible to find one with very little rust.It took a long time to find this one as it has vertually none.I want at least $5500 for it.And yes it is a HGC110 1974 badged as skyline in Japan

5500 seems like a reasonable price for a good one.. Would love to come and have a look :).

I have found the more I mention it to people the more C110s I find, they are out there but generally tucked away covered in cobwebs waiting for the project to start! Might start a thread on my progress if anybody is keen to hear it :devil:.

I'll email you some photos tomorrow if you like.

5500 seems like a reasonable price for a good one.. Would love to come and have a look :) .

I have found the more I mention it to people the more C110s I find, they are out there but generally tucked away covered in cobwebs waiting for the project to start! Might start a thread on my progress if anybody is keen to hear it :devil: .