SAU Community

Turbo Beanie

Hi everyone, first off i apologise if i have made a new topic when this question has already been asked, but i have used to search function and could not find anything.

well pretty much my questions are:

what are the pros and cons of the turbo beanie?

do i need to wrap the manifolds if i have a turbo beanie?

where can i get ceramic coating done in melbourne northern suburbs?

i have just heard some ppl sayin that a turbo beanie is good but its also bad since the heat gets built up or something? any help would be muchly appreciated. i dont thrash my car and rarely go past 4000 rpm but i can feel the heat on my legs and it seems my water temp is a bit higher than normal.

thanks for your help everyone

are you sure that you havent got the heater on.. on your feet? cause your turbo wouldnt be doing any serious work and i never feel the heat at my legs.. considering your turbo is on the passenger side too!

lol, yeah the heater isnt on, its closed off and it has more heat on the passanger side, its not hot as in unbearable, more like "hmmm should i be feeling warm since i didnt piss myself?"

thanks mate

Hi everyone, first off i apologise if i have made a new topic when this question has already been asked, but i have used to search function and could not find anything.

well pretty much my questions are:

what are the pros and cons of the turbo beanie?

do i need to wrap the manifolds if i have a turbo beanie?

where can i get ceramic coating done in melbourne northern suburbs?

i have just heard some ppl sayin that a turbo beanie is good but its also bad since the heat gets built up or something? any help would be muchly appreciated. i dont thrash my car and rarely go past 4000 rpm but i can feel the heat on my legs and it seems my water temp is a bit higher than normal.

thanks for your help everyone

If you don't thrash your car then there is no reason for the turbo to ridiculously hot to the point you can feel the heat burning your legs.

IMO you stock heat shield will do you fine.

I don't like the idea of wrapping the manifolds as it does not allow the heat to escape, but then some ppl will say, it is fine cuz the manifold is suppose to get hot and wrapping will not effect it.

you stock heat shield will be fine.

Ya you may not realize that the heater will stay on even if the control is turned off. +1 Ash.. Even if the turbo was glowing white hot I doubt you would be able to feel anything inside the car - Firewall...