Townsville Skyline Owners

Gough R34 GT-T

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meh its got the classic rb25 misfire anything over 10psi.

Ive checked the gaps, and they are all 0.6-0.7mm

Checked the coils, and I cant seem to see any cracks?

Ill just save up for the splitfires.

Doesn't necessarily have to have cracks on the outside of the coil boots. They usually burnout on the inside due to age.

Another thing to check would be taking the boots off from the coilpack (just pull them off) and making sure all the springs are still inside. They can break and fall out with age and therefore there will be a gap between the top of the plug and the coil causing the current to have to jump. You will see burns on the coilpack if this has happened.

Another thing is to run BCPR plugs instead of the more common BKR plugs since they are a bit taller and compress the spring more giving a better connection.

Also saw PM-R33 car out at autobarn.

Saw when you were being interviewed.

Seem to know your shit eh?

Yeah I'm the manager there.

Interviewed?

Yeah I'm the manager there.

Interviewed?

May just have heard wrong, sorry.

Im very new to the whole nissan thing. Owned it less than 2 weeks.

I dont know why there is soo much trouble with coil packs, if it is the coil packs.

My last car, a corolla, had nearly 200,000km on the engine and it ran boost levels from 8 psi to 25 psi for 2 years, and its still running.

And that is all standard ignition, with standard copper plugs gapped to 1.1mm.

Thanks for the suggestions too, i will definitely have a look at the boot and springs.

The car has been tuned to run 12 psi, which it ran great on the drive back home. Then it slowly started to misfire a week later. Bastard.

Runs perfectly fine on 10psi though.

*Anyone in townsville have cheap splitfires though...*

Edited by privatealpha

Noob, bring the thing over at some stage, and I'll go over it for you. If I need, I'll ring Phil and a couple others to get clarification..........

Different car, different motors, cant compare really.

I'm sure we can get you a set of coil packs for the motor if it's that.

Edited by Force Fed

Another thing is to run BCPR plugs instead of the more common BKR plugs since they are a bit taller and compress the spring more giving a better connection.

A MEN PHIL..... so sick of dumb dream boats buying BKR plugs. BCPR ARE THE JAP STANDARD read the f**kin book

also here me hatch

post-50094-0-04802900-1315354975_thumb.jpg

@tobu, u dont need a z32 afm for nistune, incase u wanted to get ur cash back, and ur going to paul for the tune? i would ask around a little more...

Really, I thought the z32 afm would help with the tune? Because the one I bought ended up being a knock off anyway. As for the tune... Paul's had the car since Tuesday. I'm going to head down there this morning and see what's happening.

Just an update: Please let me know if this doesn't belong here...

Paul @ xtreme wasn't able to get any of his laptops to talk to my ECU through my USB consult cable so he wasn't able to do a tune but he did fix up a few air leaks and pointed out a crack in my radiator that means it'll need to be replaced...

After about ten minutes of mucking around I managed to get my laptop talking to it and I was able to mess around with the settings (lol 2000RPM rev limiter) so now I'm looking for someone who will be a good fit to do the tune, replace the radiator and plump the BOV in (It's blowing to atmo and causing the car to stall when you let off).

Any suggestions?

Ive got my 32 carbon fibre grill for sale if any one wants it. $150 ono and its yours. Lost motiviation to fit it so its just sitting around and i want to get my bike back on the road asap. Pm me or 0419742800