SAU Community

Gear 'grind'

handbrake

Written up for sometime on NAGTROC.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=31814

I have had this short 'grinding' noise intermittently for several months. Low speed, first gear, once or twice low speed second maybe?

I have only used LC2 a couple of times (no not understating to protect myself)

Anyone else had this here?

Taking car to Nissan prior to next track day.

lol whats FWIW stand for, i cant work it out.

Just sounds like that its a pretty rare issue at this point in time, probably one of those things that happens to every car model, there are so many things that can go wrong that its amazing that the r35 has such few things that are actually failing on them, thje more parts and gizmos in a car, the more chance that something can go wrong.

Don't worry about it untill it happens to your car or you will always be paranoid looking for something to break

the GR6 transmitions not very smooth at low speeds but several R35s already have transmition problems like while they are still new and not even driven hard. have your tranny checked, hopefully its just the normal operation. we do have customers coming in complainin about some rattly or grinding noise before as well.

• 2 months later...

this occured with oem fluid long before the pentosin went in. havent had it since (you can work it out by dating this topics post date and the pentosin post date).

The transmission is actually a bit quieter and smoother with the pentosin in for what thats worth.

proof will be in how it holds up to the 10,000 road km use and 1,200 track km per year over the next year or so if the tanny lasts that long.

the car is a 2009 model.

I have had a slightly different noise when changing from first to second. There is a bit of a clunk noise from the gear box. It is not a gear clunck, it it more like a sound of metal hitting metal for a split second. I hear it more when travelling through tunnels or when the sound bounces of surrounding buildings, it is more pronounced under hard acceleration.

I havent had any grinding noises but FWIW whilst there is no doubt the Willal oil is the best track solution, and still beautifully smooth on the shift, my car (tranny) shudders like a bucking bronco off the line in daily driving. I'm thinking about going back to Nissan oil for a while to see the difference...

I have had a slightly different noise when changing from first to second. There is a bit of a clunk noise from the gear box. It is not a gear clunck, it it more like a sound of metal hitting metal for a split second. I hear it more when travelling through tunnels or when the sound bounces of surrounding buildings, it is more pronounced under hard acceleration.

that sounds like gearbox/engine mounts to me which makes no sense as they usually take a while to give up