SAU Community

Gtr At Mount Alma Mile

Martin Donnon

I think i will come down for a look will be interesting to see how the Gtr35 goes ( maybe we could do a small cruz there?).

yeah that would be rather nice

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats an awesome stretch of road. i know the mt alma stretch very very well!! when my gtr was on the road we use to go for the run fairly regularly! considering its like 10-15 mins from where i live :-D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We are on the final list with both cars - EVO X and R35 GTR, so come up and say 'hi' :)

Saw that. Hope you guys have a ball. I'll try to avoid the combination of whiplash and jizzing my pants as you tear past me :)

Awesome, heard back from ASP today and all details have been confirmed ... I'll be camping there Saturday night also. See you guys there. I'm sure I'll be wearing the standard issue gay orange overalls ... but I'll be sure to keep the SAU-SA cap on. :dry:

• 2 weeks later...
so you might be a contender for mt alma especially in a production class against the flat out race cars is another story but your not going there to beat them

True......Third outright - 0.4 seconds off P1 in the GTR, and thats on the factory Dunlop road tyres. A great result

Telling though was that the GTR clocked outright fastest time into the first split all weekend where power really counts in the drag race up the hill :happy:

Our Evo X missed the top 12 shootuout by 0.1 seconds or thereabouts.

A great weekend for the Willall R35 and crew :D

img_5639.jpg

Was awesome to witness the GTR in action. I've got pics and vids to post up after the track day at Mallala today fellas.

Martin, coulda sworn you made the top 12. Bugger! Oh well, next year then? :happy:

Stay tuned. :D

went for a drive up that way yesterday. lots of cool cars out.

unfortunately the combination of wet weather, small child and my poor preperation for the conditions meant that i couldn't stay too long.

DSC00640.jpg

DSC00641.jpg

did you have a missfire issue at Mallala on the weekend? Even with that, your car is seriously fast!

Yes, very frustrating. :) Tried different leads, coil packs and gapping/cleaning up the plugs in between sessions, but unfortunately didn't have any spare new evo 9 plugs with me to fix the problem. It was painfully breaking down under load, so I was short shifting and throtling at 70% to avoid it on the straights. Despite the misfire it was good to get some track time and use the tyres to keep the lap times somewhat respectable. In the end it was only a demo, but worth all the pain just to drift turn 1! :D