SAU Community

Texi - Skids On Sunday - Teh Aftermath!

evil_weevil

Who's PRB guy in the results? Beat me in the clover track *waves fist*.. hehe

I had great day thanks sau ppl! Can't wait for next one.

Thanks Reece for taking me for a ride, your driving is so inspiring.

If I may suggest a few things, I'd like to get more runs on each course, 2 runs on a course isn't enough, it would also be nice for everyone to do the same courses so we can compete with our friends (like last texi) =). Other suggestion is making one battle track and to not make it so complicated!, the first battle track was nice but I had one go of it (double entered car) and it was gone, second track was like WTF.

Favourite track was the clover! And got a much better time for go to whoa this time thanks to boost =P, but made it so hard to control the car on the tight sections, boost kicks in too hard and car goes crazy! Stupid 12pound low boost setting, gotta lower it for next time.

If you were wondering why my car kept dropping cylinders, had a problem with rev limiter, whenever I hit it the engine flooded and stalled, and it didn't help that my tacho died.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This You? (chopped the side off :P ) Tried to get everyone where I could, out of 550 odd shots im amazed that I only got 2 of your car!

We are yet to see the pics from Ian or Craig yet so lets see what they come up with.

4321410001_a592105abc_b.jpg

Oh yeh it is! Sorry I didn't see that one. Nice shot :)

I can't beleive I came 4th on course 1 track 1!!! Was my first time for one of these. Loved it.

No worries Sasso, we love to hear feedback from the drivers. After all, we're putting this event on for YOU so we strive to make it better everytime :ninja:

The reason there were two afternoon courses was because last time we did it, we had a slalom course only, but by the time the arvo came, cars had died, people had left, and some people had gone on that 8 or 9 times and were bored of it by then. Maybe the first course has anough appeal to stay all afternoon :D

I think the clover track will be back, everyone seemed to like that :)

If anyone else has any thoughts on the day and ways to improve it, PLEASE SPEAK UP! :D

+1 for Clover Leaf track, that was my favourite by far. L-O-T-S of sideways action form that one, loved it. Found the other ones too hard to memorise (i am very special after all).........

Sure we had to wait awhile for runs, but its a good excuse to chat to others in cars around you, so have a chat and meet some new people i say!!!! Good times had by all. And the fact that passengers were free, thats sensational, where on earth can you find that kind of value!!!

:D

any of my silver r33 boat with a white front bar????? i was only there untill just before lunch time so if its not in your morning pics it wont be there....

Here are a couple of videos I took with my GoPro HD.

First time I used it as I only got the memory card the day before. The sound is weird on some because I had to keep changing to the waterproof casing because of the damn rain. Thought I would run out of battery or memory so didn't have the quality turned right up but I think they do the job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4XNWtAxkQ4

had an AWESOME day guys, THANK YOU to all the organisers :-) i also appreciate your understanding of the (comparitively) underpowereness of my N/A mx5.

i heard a few people moan about the wet track, personally i was praying for it and had a great time :-D

the clover course was lots of fun (lots of hand break action), so was the NO LEFT TURN/ RIGHT ONLY course :-D

Battle 2 was beyond me, had no idea!!!!!!! battle 1 was a fail for me :-(

Had a blast, would LOVE to do it again :-)

Good stuff, Ben - some awesome vids in there.

I love the one where the Camaro was being pushed back into the car park and the guys were making engine and skid noises!

lol I've practiced pushing plenty of broken cars, and the sound effects are a key part of the technique

some vids all in high res so 480p them.

GTR in teh wet - abolustely hopeless traction controll even took out a cone...

small launch - in go-2-whoa

Having some fun with Ow3n and his 'new' (read: some) suspension

Matt testing his new locker

Locker with extra flutter

Camaro :heart:

I've posted all the video's I have. Their were about 3 or 4 that I mucked up because I either forgot to press the record button or switched it off instead of on.

noob