SAU Community

Looking For An Opportunity To Take Some Pics

Messiah

Ive been wanting to do some decent photos of my car since i finished getting it set up.. Im out penrith way which has no good spots to take photos.. car is quite low so im restricted to few places..

Thing I really want to do is a nice city shot at night under lights, maybe around the rocks so I can get the harbour bridge as a backdrop, Shame I dont visit the city often to know of a nice place.. If you ever think of a place to do it just PM and i can come out to wherever you want me to..

Here is a pic of my car from texi last sunday Courtesy of Mr Xmetal..

Red + Black make the most powerful colours David.

A rare colour like yours would be stunning.

There are a few places around the Blue Mtns with rock walls as a backdrop which are very impressive.

Mitchell's Pass is closed at the moment, but I took a peek anyway to-day > a rock fall east of the Lennox bridge allows a car to just squeeze past. That would be impressive 'with boulders on the public road' - unless they move them away in the next couple of days.

I must thank you Simon for your kind offer - I must say! :)

Terry

Boulders on a public road would look pretty damn cool, where is mitchell's pass anyway??

Ok so far i haven't had chance to go exploring with the camera yet for good locations (i might go for a cruise looking for some on the weekend).

But hows this for suite people for size... If you have a car and some locations in mind, shoot me a PM and tell me when you're free/when you'd like to do it, odds are i'll have no problems accomodating you (just not valentines day people... i value my life).

Otherwise, for those who have no idea where to shoot (like me at the moment) i have a cunning plan.

I'm thinking of maybe doing a cruise with the sole purpose of grabbing some shots.

Start somewhere scenic and pretty in the afternoon to catch the nice light on the nice background (eg, the beaches or mountains), but then heading towards somewhere a bit more man made as night falls to make the most of city lights and reflections (rocks, Harry's, bondi any nice big car park with lots of different light sources etc etc).

No idea when to do this... i'll leave that up to the majority.

Boulders on a public road would look pretty damn cool, where is mitchell's pass anyway??

Ok so far i haven't had chance to go exploring with the camera yet for good locations (i might go for a cruise looking for some on the weekend).

But hows this for suite people for size... If you have a car and some locations in mind, shoot me a PM and tell me when you're free/when you'd like to do it, odds are i'll have no problems accomodating you (just not valentines day people... i value my life).

Otherwise, for those who have no idea where to shoot (like me at the moment) i have a cunning plan.

I'm thinking of maybe doing a cruise with the sole purpose of grabbing some shots.

Start somewhere scenic and pretty in the afternoon to catch the nice light on the nice background (eg, the beaches or mountains), but then heading towards somewhere a bit more man made as night falls to make the most of city lights and reflections (rocks, Harry's, bondi any nice big car park with lots of different light sources etc etc).

No idea when to do this... i'll leave that up to the majority.

Mitchell's Pass is a small downhill twisty bit of road in emu plains/emi heights. Has a semi decent lookout at night over the lights of penrith.. Would have to block off the road for snaps though as the parking spots are blocked by trees. (its relavtvely quiet there anyways).

There is also a few spots to stop along the pass with cliff face either side which i just thought of.. at night though it would be pitch black.

If your interested one night (any night will do) to come out just pm me and we can meet up to check that area out.

p.s. its drift spec now PJ.. :blink: and thank you for the kind words Terry :P