SAU Community

'zaust + Rear Bar = Melt?

I just got a trial rear bar put on and the tip of my 'zaust just sits inward of the outer most part of the bar - sorry the pixxor is slightly crap.

This makes me intuitively worry that the part of the bar closest to the tip is going to melt, being as it is subject to the hot 'zaust gases. I can already see the 2-pac getting a little burnished.

Any ready solutions for this? Can I move the 'zaust back a little? What would I need to do this?

Or can I get a heat shield or something? I don't have anywhere to knock one up myself so can I get one off the shelf?

post-65873-1265017191_thumb.jpg

You can drop it down a bit. Just replace the rear hanger with something that sits lower.

My rear muffler ended up touching the rear bar when i did the whiteline pineapples and melted a bit of it. Can't really see it though. Honestly as long as it aint "touching" i wouldn't worry about it to much and if it does melt a bit just do what Hamish said and cut it.

My mate's exhaust sat past the edge of the rear bar on his 34, and he left it there for a few months. Burnt the paint, but didnt melt being fibreglass. He got it moved over, didnt cost much. For yours, I'd just drop it down. Looks better when you can see the whole muffler, anyway.

dont drop it down you want a nice angle looks heaps better all they do is add a couple gaskets or somethin cant remember what its called pushed it out 40mm its perfect. took em 30 minutes