SAU Community

R32 Rb20det Engine And Gearbox

Hi,

For sale here is a RB20 Engine and Gearbox removed from a 1990 R32 GTSt with 108,000kms shown on the clock.

The engine is extremely healthy with no smoke, bottom end knocks or funny noises. Only street use tuned safely to 190kW by Trent at Status Tuning. Oil and filter always changed on a regular basis.

It includes:

Long motor from rockers to sump

Inlet side complete inc Injectors etc

Crank Angle Sensor

Exhaust manifold (not fitted)

It doesnt include:

ECU Loom

Coilpacks

Turbo and Water/Oil lines

Crossover Pipe

Its worth noting that there are NO broken studs in the head for the exhaust manifold, as this is a given when removing RB exhaust manifolds.

Price: $800

Also for sale is a RB20 gearbox removed from the same car.

The bearings are quiet, no input shaft bearing noise (common) the synchros are in good nick apart from a light notchiness shifting quickly to 4th and 5th at higher rpm but at lower rpm its fine. This could be partially rectified by using Redline Lightweight Shockproof oil.

Price: $400

Parts are located in Melbourne, prefer local pickup but shipping can be arranged.

Cheers,

Mat.

0400 558 030

I have no idea exactly what you need to fit this into your 31 but to get this engine running alone you need:

Turbo and Water Lines

ECU Loom

ECU

Coilpacks

Coilpack Loom

Starter/Alt Loom (could use yours maybe)

Alternator (maybe use yours??)

Ignitor

Crossover Pipe with BOV

Engine mounts

Power Steering Pump (maybe use yours??)

Its alot of stuff but its not...all easy stuff to find. Some of it I may be able to help with.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• You don't need an AC mechanic to fit it. You do need one to vac the system down and fill it. That's how you get refrigerant.
    • Well, it's actually probably worse than you think. I think you have to (minimally) install GKTech's spherical bush replacements to the lower arm's inner ends, because you absolutely cannot subject the original (or poly) bushes to that much misalignment. The better option being to replace the whole lower arm with GKTech's unit. This brings sphericals to the lower inners either way you do it. And are you aware that the kit is weld in and you have to take the subframe out of the car to get it fitted? It's a fair bit of work. These issues both drive my ongoing dithering about doing this to my car, for the last couple of years.
    • The website said you need a AC technican to swap it in. Is that true? How did you fill the refridgerant? Was it easy to install?  If i just got the bracket and the new smaller AC compressor, would the other components be compatible with R134?
    • Hi All Finally getting back to work on the R32 this weekend and had a quick question about the GKTech anti squat kit (https://au.gktech.com/products/s13-180sx-r32-subframe-anti-squat-reduction-weld-in-kit?_pos=39&_fid=eb6b5077e&_ss=c) So, this straightens out the rear LCA and increases the roll centre by 20MM which is great BUT I also have MFR roll centre adjusters (https://www.rhdjapan.com/moonface-super-lap-rc-joint-roll-center-adjuster-bnr32-ps13-rps13.html) which gives a +15MM lift. My question is whether they can/should be used together or if its going to massively effect the geometry? In my mind, I can't see that they work together but was hoping for some feedback on someone who has done this before deciding which to use or if both?   Thanks
    • Agreed. Thing has to be running absolutely pig rich as well. I would worry a lot less about your idle and start going through all your electrical before the car burns down.