SAU Community

My R34 Is Making Choking Noises And Stuff Please Help

Hi Guys,

i have a problem with my r34, when i am idling, i turn the steering wheel and the car chokes like hell, its like its misfiring like crazy, its extremely annoying when i reverse park. it only happens every second drive or so.

also when i shift to neutral, while rolling at 80km (speed doesnt matter it happens all the time) the revs slowly creep up to say about 1700 then chokes and goes down to 1000, then soon does it again.

can you please help me with the problem?

Edited by Fei Jai

obviously you have an idle problem, the reason it chokes when parking is the extra load imposed by the steering pump, it would probably also do strange things if you turn off and on the a/c.

so concentrate on possible reasons for not having a steady idle, stuff like O2 sensor, an air leak eg in BOV, dirty throttle bodies, idle control valve, dirty MAF sensor. Could be bad contacts on a sensor.

anything else wrong apart from idle? eg, when cold, or doesn't have the power it did?

Yeah it feels like it doesnt have the power it did, at the moment i have a black hks ssqv. when the engine is colder, at lower revs, the flutter is slower and the valve doesnt open for the whistle yet. but when i drive, more and when the idle problem kicks in, i can feel like i dont have the pull anymore and the bov flutters only a bit and opens for the whistle earlier.

as for the aircon, i have noticed that there is a wierd noise from the engine bay, it sounds like a weak lamb lol.

can you tell me how to check and where for these problems? i might actually try and block off the bov port, will that f**k up the turbo? maybe it could be a air leak from the bov.

thanks for your help money, really had excellent points that i will check up on.