February Photo Thread

Jay019

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yea love that 1st shot of the gtr :/ Looks mean!!

Love taking natural pics and esp of portraits of people when smiling. Best part is that she didnt even know i took it.

Natural sun light coming in from behind and overexposed the background.

IMG_5766a_resize.jpg

Thanks MR.Zennon :D

Really happy with that shot. Just realized i accidentally cropped the top of the head wrong. Will fix it up soon.

GoldZilla - Was it intentionally taken like that? Looks like tripod shake.

GoldZilla - Was it intentionally taken like that? Looks like tripod shake.

Nah, wasn't intentional - it was one of those quick shots where all I really did was set the shutter to 30sec, attached a suction-cap mount to the camera, and attached it to the windscreen of my mate's van which was parked in the driveway. I couldn't get a reading for the autofocus to zoom on, and because of where and how the camera was mounted, I couldn't manually focus either...

It was a bit of a rushed experimental photo, as we were about to jump in the van to head home, so I didn't really make the time to set a manual focus/exposure point, and I used the flash simply to help the camera get somewhere to focus on. Next time I'll either set the focus point (or manually focus if possible) and spend a bit more time on it.

I mainly just took the shot because of the clouds in the sky, shame they weren't in a more interesting pattern... :D

Nah, wasn't intentional - it was one of those quick shots where all I really did was set the shutter to 30sec, attached a suction-cap mount to the camera, and attached it to the windscreen of my mate's van which was parked in the driveway. I couldn't get a reading for the autofocus to zoom on, and because of where and how the camera was mounted, I couldn't manually focus either...

It was a bit of a rushed experimental photo, as we were about to jump in the van to head home, so I didn't really make the time to set a manual focus/exposure point, and I used the flash simply to help the camera get somewhere to focus on. Next time I'll either set the focus point (or manually focus if possible) and spend a bit more time on it.

I mainly just took the shot because of the clouds in the sky, shame they weren't in a more interesting pattern... :D

For next time:

Using the car lights to help auto focus is one option.

Another handy thing is to have a small LED torch in the camera bag for such occasions.

If all else fails (ie its too dark to even see if its in focus or not - like it did for me when I took the photo below)

just turn auto focus off and then manually set the focus to just before infinity

Shot1_NotSharpned.jpg

This reminds me - I did a couple of 30seccond photos the other night actually (during that lightning storm) - I should really see how they came out!

For next time:

Using the car lights to help auto focus is one option.

Another handy thing is to have a small LED torch in the camera bag for such occasions.

If all else fails (ie its too dark to even see if its in focus or not - like it did for me when I took the photo below)

just turn auto focus off and then manually set the focus to just before infinity

Shot1_NotSharpned.jpg

This reminds me - I did a couple of 30seccond photos the other night actually (during that lightning storm) - I should really see how they came out!

Hmmm, thanks for that, Zennon, I'll keep those in mind.

I'm pretty sure there are some spare LED torches around the house here, so I'll have to keep one in my bag. Didn't even think of using the headlights, meh.. Such a simple idea that I overlooked. :(

Thinking about that photo again, maybe I should have used the 50mm lens and seen what aperture the camera would have set for the 30sec exposure.

Shot1_NotSharpned.jpg

oh nice!!! ive wanted to take some long exposures at the airport for ages but never got around to it. want to do it just on dusk/dawn also. one day, lol.

Couple of pics from a shoot today...

DSC_8834.JPG

DSC_8884.JPG

any CC? ive started trying to use flash a bit and not sure if im getting it right yet, i'll keep trying tho, lol.

Couple of shots from a trip to springbrook today, waiting on ND filter to arrive so struggled with the overcast lighting and exposure settings to get the water right, these were the best shots of the day

4372420058_237d9b6175_b.jpg

4371686203_1541d411f5_b.jpg

Messing with HDR:

4372425180_c1ee13b6a1_b.jpg

Random log:

4371656197_a9644dbe63_b.jpg