SAU Community

*need Standard Series 2 Stagea Turbo*

Sorry admin i put this on the SA forums aswell please dont kill me i need some help

Hey all !!!!! im from SA (dont judge me)

I have had my stagea seres 2 RS4-S for just over a year now and i love it to bits, maybe more than the misses!!

After not having to spend a sent on this beast for over a year i just got my clutch replaced with a xtreme heavy duty organic, nothing to spectacular, but its my daily driver aswell as a fun car on weekends.

Since the new clutch i have been driving it a little harder and go figure the turbo has started making noises!

I have had it checked by 2 very knowledgeable people (as im very untrusting) and they have both said that the main bearing is about to go.

since the S2 turbos are all nylon or plastic internals I have been told that the internals are not repairable with a stock parts.

I have been given a couple options spend just over $2000 buks to get a garrett 30 shoved into the standard housing which would be awsome, or get a 2nd hand one thats in good nick!

I have no budget at all this is my daily driver!! im saving for my wedding and have nothing to sell to get some quick bucks.

What im after is a Standard Series 2 Turbo that has been pulled out of a stagea because of a new turbo going in. (ie not a screwed on)

If anyone can help me or just shout some telephone numbers at me to some places that might have Turbos laying around that have been pulled out!

im not prepared to spend that money on a new turbo yet!!!

but i just need to get out of trouble for the time being!

Please help im a loyal stagea man and i always give a wave to all you nutters who drive these baby's (even if i dont get wave back)

Is some of you could lend a needy guy a hand i would love it cheers!!!!

Hi Andrew, I have one in good condition. Removed it because I upgraded. But I'm in QLD, so I'd have to post/courier it. I'm sure some of the SA guys will chime in soon if anyone has one, or even if there are any good wreckers down there. Also don't refine your search to just S2 stagea's, R34 GTT turbos are the same.

Hi Andrew, I have one in good condition. Removed it because I upgraded. But I'm in QLD, so I'd have to post/courier it. I'm sure some of the SA guys will chime in soon if anyone has one, or even if there are any good wreckers down there. Also don't refine your search to just S2 stagea's, R34 GTT turbos are the same.

yeh how much mate???

i haven't received much feed back from sa :blink:

tangles is your man to speak to about turbos and stagea combos... at the end of the day id have a guess and say ull need to look into fuel upgrades if u go nuts on your turbos coz the injectors will be peaking out soon enough... correct me if im wrong... but tangles can give u the run down of exactly what to do! and wherre to do it (were both adelaide boys ourself)

tangles is your man to speak to about turbos and stagea combos... at the end of the day id have a guess and say ull need to look into fuel upgrades if u go nuts on your turbos coz the injectors will be peaking out soon enough... correct me if im wrong... but tangles can give u the run down of exactly what to do! and wherre to do it (were both adelaide boys ourself)

cheers mate, i wish i had money then i could go and do the right thing and whack a nice sized turbo on it, but i havent im gonna have to fit the turbo myself im so short on cash at the moment, im just looking for a standard one to swap over on it!

yeh how much mate???

i haven't received much feed back from sa :D

i'll be happy with $300, plus courier costs. if you have no luck down there and get desperate PM me. Know any good couriers that will deliver without having an account with them?

the turbo has started making noises!

Are you sure it is not an exhaust manifold gasket leak?

Before you buy a new one I would make 100% sure that it is the turbo. My experience is that they go bang or they work with not much in between. If you are determined to buy a 2nd hand turbo any RB25DET turbo will do the job. The 34GT-t/S2 stagea version has a slightly larger turbine housing.

Are you sure it is not an exhaust manifold gasket leak?

Before you buy a new one I would make 100% sure that it is the turbo. My experience is that they go bang or they work with not much in between. If you are determined to buy a 2nd hand turbo any RB25DET turbo will do the job. The 34GT-t/S2 stagea version has a slightly larger turbine housing.

Yeh exhaust leak was my first thought, but its definitely the bearing. had 2 knowledgeable people look at it one works in a turbo shop(but they cant get any standard series 2 ones).

At the moment its not broken!! but i just dont want it to go pop

ta for the thought though!