SAU Community

Evo Mag. Lexus Lfa V Gtr

Amir

I've been on-and-off visiting this part of the forum for a while. I had my heart set on the R35, but Ive over-riden the emotions and gone for practicality. The e60 M5 was the best compromise. I didnt want to be one of those trying to sell the R35 after 12 months on carsales.

Anyway to the point, Im in the UK curently and picked up the EVO mag today.

Article was on the LFA. Here is a side-bar regarding it and the R35. Thought you owners would be interested in the comments.

If it's japanese and fast, does it have to face up to the GT-R? No it doesn't. I drove a GTR to meet the LFA and drove it away again from Mayfair. It's a staggering machine, but it's so different in concept and execution to the lexus that the two just can't be compared. believe me they can't.

Where the Nissan isolates the driver and extracts absurd speed from any given situation, the Leus is old-school- sow and reap. The GTR offers peerless on-demand action, but it's all-done by 6500rpm, just when the LFA goes ape and begins making very expensive noises.

I'd like to say that on anything less than dry, smooth asphalt the GTR is quicker, but given how freakishly fast it is everywhere, I dont doubt the Nissan would be faster just about anywhere. But that misses the point. The best supercars have an otherwordly quality of unobtanium about them; the LFA has it, the GTR doesn't.

And don't listen to people (tall ones who present TV shows) who counter with some rot about it not being worth six GTRs. I suspect that most people who buy and LFA will also have a GTR- making them both discerning and irritatingly fortunate.

Dont expect to see a twin test any time soon"[b][/b]

Edited by Amir

Interesting to hear how different the two cars are but the journalist is a tool. Can't stand it when people say you can't compare two cars and then go on to do it, which he did. Then tells us that another journalist's opinion doesn't matter! Poor form journalist.

Interesting to hear how different the two cars are but the journalist is a tool. Can't stand it when people say you can't compare two cars and then go on to do it, which he did. Then tells us that another journalist's opinion doesn't matter! Poor form journalist.

+1

if they can't be compared it's a pretty pointless article then isn't it, mr journo man?

not a big LFA fan, esp cos of the price, which clearly IS a consideration