SAU Community

M35 Spark Plugs

bbenny

Hey Guys,

Gonna service the M35 for the first time since getting it a few months ago - and wanted to know what plugs people are using and if are you changing the tip spacing from standard?

From the search I have done on the forums Ill probably use Motul Chrono 300v (as recommended by Iamhe)

Also If anyone knows part numbers for fuel and oil filters that would be awesome!

Cheers,

Ben.

get the plugs from him as well.

Just PM him

Oh.....btw....don't know what your service interval's are.....but you should try to keep it in between 5,000 and 7,000. for oil and oil filter. Especially if you still have the standard turbo

Edited by Jetwreck

Can do another group buy for irridium plugs... only prob is that there is a 10 weeks delay from when I order to when I receive them (then I gotta send 'em out)

Can do if you guys want. Just be mindful of the above if interested. (I believe you were looking at some too Craig, yes?)

If you are spending that kind of money on the oil, don't skimp on the filter.

K&N oil filter (HP1006 I think) seems good, but I can certainly say that the Veruspeed NS004 and the Amsoil EA012 are damn good filters (Amsoil EAA74 air filter is also really good).

Whilst I have used the NS004 for the past 40,000kms, you can't really go wrong with either.

The fuel filter is the screen on the end of the pump. You won't find anything in the engine bay :(

Can do another group buy for irridium plugs... only prob is that there is a 10 weeks delay from when I order to when I receive them (then I gotta send 'em out)

Can do if you guys want. Just be mindful of the above if interested. (I believe you were looking at some too Craig, yes?)

If you are spending that kind of money on the oil, don't skimp on the filter.

K&N oil filter (HP1006 I think) seems good, but I can certainly say that the Veruspeed NS004 and the Amsoil EA012 are damn good filters (Amsoil EAA74 air filter is also really good).

Whilst I have used the NS004 for the past 40,000kms, you can't really go wrong with either.

The fuel filter is the screen on the end of the pump. You won't find anything in the engine bay :)

haha lucky I hadnt started searching for that fuel filter then!

Thanks for the tips - also what model iridium plug do you use?

Cheers,

Ben.

Cheers,

Ben.

Hi Ben

I got NGK irredium plugs from, http://www.performancelub.com/NGK%20pricelist.htm.

This guy delivers very fast and at a reasonable price from Melbourne.

At $14 a plug it is good value for Irridium.

You can use either of these 2 plugs. LFR5AIX-11, LFR6AIX-11.

I used the 6 plug as this is temp rating.

Cheers

Andy

Cheers,

Ben.

Denso Iridium IKH22.

You will not find them in Australia unfortunately.

• 9 months later...