SAU Community

I Was Given A Warning. And I Was Also Threatened

KEN-R34

Hi Guys,

This is a small event that happened on the weekend, please correct me if I'm wrong with any of the below. (Sorry if its a bit long winded)

I have never had a yellow sticker simply because I always make the effort to make sure my mods sit within the law. So I should be safe?

I was followed by a cop to my house. I was waiting for him to hit the disco lights.. So he does.

I thought ok random breath test as they normally do to me every weekend. I'm always polite and calm.

He says my car is illegal and my ride height is to low... So I ask him politely to show me.. He explains it must be 10cm of the ground and he uses some card to measure my height.

My car perfectly sits 10cms of the ground and he still says its "illegal!" haha..(I think I hurt his pride or something?)

Anyway he then tells me my rear guards can pop my tyres because there is a lip around the inside of the wheel arch...

So im thinking does that mean if I don't roll my rear guards my car is illegal? Anyway I explained my wheels sit within the guard so its legal but he said "NO ILLEGAL!" I'm like hmm "ok officer".

Of course he says pop the hood. Then says my pod filter is illegal... I politely said The pod is secured with a bracket making it legal and I grab my sexy K&N pod and gave it a quick toss...

Stiff as a rock! "NO illegal!" he says.

Personally I recon he was just jealous because my filter is bigger then his.

He then says my car is to loud without any tests.... I told him its running a rear muffler, mid muffler and a cat on the street....

"NO illegal I have the power to remove this car of the road and I will" At this time his partner looked at him and shook his head as he was filling out a yellow sticker paper.

I then explained to him "I put all this effort into my car to make it legal. If these are problems for you officer I will get them fixed by the end of this week...." He then threw the "paper" away and said "I'm putting a warning next to your name about what I mentioned and I want to see these problems fixed." I'm like no problem.

I have a few questions....

1. Does this warning next to my name exists?

2. Also what shall I fix? Haha

3. Maybe I should change my pod to a smaller one so "The law" is not jealous of my size?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few questions....

1. Does this warning next to my name exists?

2. Also what shall I fix? Haha

3. Maybe I should change my pod to a smaller one so "The law" is not jealous of my size?

1. Yes the warning exists. When a cop runs your rego there will be a note on it saying that he inspected your car and that it has defects and to check up on you. (Something like that, either way, these warnings do exist).

2. It sounds like there's nothing to fix? Just hope you don't get a f**kwit next time.

3. No. If it's legal then leave it.

Edited by RB25PWR

fix the items listed as illegal i duno how it works in wa, here we have to present the car for a minor or for a major supply RWC.. as far as listing this is probaly true.. but usually not for minor shite like mentioned, all in all sounds like ya run in the mill po po raping.. no biggy

Complain about the prick... Use as many legal stuff as you can. i.e. quote the numbers of your permits and/or engineer's certificate with the law and shit.

Good on ya for being polite and calm too, u must've bin pretty pissed off. This is exactly the problem, that even when things are illegal, there's no protection from the law! Prick cops like that can give you yellow stickers and 'warnings' for something that isn't even illegal!!

fix the items listed as illegal i duno how it works in wa, here we have to present the car for a minor or for a major supply RWC.. as far as listing this is probaly true.. but usually not for minor shite like mentioned, all in all sounds like ya run in the mill po po raping.. no biggy

Its like RB25pwr said "there is nothing to fix" thats why I was confused when I drove away.... :(

Complain about the prick... Use as many legal stuff as you can. i.e. quote the numbers of your permits and/or engineer's certificate with the law and shit.

Good on ya for being polite and calm too, u must've bin pretty pissed off. This is exactly the problem, that even when things are illegal, there's no protection from the law! Prick cops like that can give you yellow stickers and 'warnings' for something that isn't even illegal!!

Yeah I got home and I raged for about 10mins haha

He said I would kill someone because the "rear guards will pop my tyres".....

I was like I'm not planning on killing anyone officer... Seriously he was treating me as if I was going to murder someone :)

It's bad when you obviously see the effort I have put in to keep it legal and he just throws shit at you.

Boohooo wipe ya eyes n move on ...

I don't think I can Brenden *turns the safety of and puts the gun barrel up against his temple*

Edited by KEN-R34

Do it :(

Put your knee pads on and I will think about it :)

Just curious where abouts did you start getting tailed by the copper so to avoid the area if possible haha.

I was at a BP filling up with Ultimate and the cop pulled up next to me as I was leaving.

He quickly filled up and jumped back into his car to follow me.... Im sure he didn't even pay.

It'll be nice if you have them all recorded. That way the Officer's f**ked if you can get a lawyer to confirm what he said is considered threatening. I know its hard but when cops moves from RBT to checking of anything else, bring the recorder on.

9 times out of 10 these guys don't know the ADR's.

When I made enquiries into this I was told that they only have to assume something is defective and it's your responsibility to prove it isn't by way of inspection.

Mod permits are worth the paper their written on. I produce my permit every time I'm pulled over and the response I get is that I've swapped out the permitted item.

This part of the law sucks, but there's nothing you can do about it. Every now and then you'll get a dickhead like this but just drive straight to your local pit and get it off, take the pit fee on the chin and move on.

Cops don't like being proven wrong, and because there is no law against them giving you a hard time, they'll do it.

I have been canaried for many things and all I do is return to my local pit and the inspector always removes it without telling me to change something out. This goes to show you how much cops know about ADR's.

There's SFA you can do about it dude. Bend over, take it and move on.

Just curious where abouts did you start getting tailed by the copper so to avoid the area if possible haha.

Same. Would like to know the general area as well.

Lucky the police around my area don't seem to notice my car much.

I get more shit from bogans in VN/VP bogandores than coppers.

Hi Guys

I don't mind the cops, and to be honest I appreciate the work they do. But there is a point where certain officers get a little head strong and give out yellows just to be pricks.

I got one, it was deserved because of the CF bonnet. But everytime since that I have been pulled over, the cops look at the car, comment that it's nice, put me on the bag and send me on my way.

I think, what I am getting at, is that there has to be some fall back for the system. If you get sick, you see a doctor, if you don't like what he says you see a second, if they say the same thing then your sick. The same should be for Cops, if one doesn't like the look of a car and issues a yellow, you should have a period of time to take it to the local cop shop for a second opinion. So as to keep the hot headed cops honest.

Also, while I am on this rant, who does the Police Minister think he is??? Seriously, a Mechanic takes a Lambo for a belt around the block at 200kmp/h, sue the mechanic and give the Doctor his car back. A potential customer takes a mini for a cruise and clocks it 50 over the reccommended speed limit, sue the driver but don't take away a companies livlihood. Seriously dude, your a Public Servant, and all your doing is pissing them off!!

My Rant Over

I look forward to my coming encounters with the Police after that slugging.

A lot of people here saying to take it and move on... I think you guys are the exact reason the police treat HPI drivers like they do. Because they think they can get away with it.

When i got yellowed by a cop and the pits inspector told me everything was fine, i sure as hell followed that shit up. Im not paying $100 for a pits inspection that is bogus. In the end after a couple of phone calls, letters from the pits inspector and my mechanic, and inquiries, i was given a full refund for my expenses on behalf of the WAPOL, and the Chief Officer offered me an apology on behalf of the officer that issued the yellow sticker.

When I made enquiries into this I was told that they only have to assume something is defective and it's your responsibility to prove it isn't by way of inspection.

Mod permits are worth the paper their written on. I produce my permit every time I'm pulled over and the response I get is that I've swapped out the permitted item.

Allen the first part is very true, cops still have the power to give you a yellow sticker, even if they have no idea what they are talking about. The second part i disagree with. We pay for permits and engineering certificates to make the modification legal. If an officer can claim that you have swapped out the modded item, then they are also claiming that they know what they are talking about and your mod is different to the one listed on the permit. If the item is 100% the same item, then you have grounds to back yourself up legally against that treatment.

Fact is, as long as they think they can get away with it then they will do it. It's people that just accept it and don't do anything to stand up for themselves and the rest of the HPI scene that bring this sort of thing about.

/rant :D

Brandon mentioned using a recorder. Is it true you have to let them know your recording them otherwise the tape doesn't count as evidence in court? also, has anyone done this and told an officer they are being recorded? how do they react? Do they ease off you or just try to bend you over w/o lube?

No, I tried that once and I was told I would be arrested if I didn't stop filming them.

Apparently you can't film them in the course of their duties, but the media can and plaster it all over the TV for everyone to see.