SAU Community

R32 Skyline Question

Hello everybody,

I am writing to ask a question about my r32 gtst,

The other day I was having a play in the wet and I was going around a round about in second gear when I flicked the steering wheel and accelerated a little bit harder to kick the arse out, all of a sudden the wheels started shaking heaps and the car kept on traveling in a straight line, I would probably say I was doing maybe 10 20k's max(I do this in my s15 silvia also and it never does this). I tried a few more times and it happened each time, but it didnt happen when I gave it more acceleration. Does anyone know what the problem maybe or if its a normal thing?

I thought it maybe that the wheels are trying to get traction because I'm not giving it enough throttle but i'm pretty clueless with this kind off stuff, so please HELP ME :)

Edited by misteR 32

My 32 does that too in the wet when going though round-a-bouts i always jsut put it down to having poor quality tyres on the car???

O.k thats a good point thanks bud, I'll have to wear this bad boys out in the dry and try a different tyre. thanks man :)

^^^that's what i thought when i first read it too.

so when you say it's "going in a straight line", do you mean that instead of turning the corner the car is going straight ahead, or "understeering" if you will? LOL

if yes, then it is caused by 2 things. 1, the front tyres aren't gripping enough, and 2, the rear tyres are gripping more than the fronts and you haven't increased the power enough to break traction. if you want to remedy the problem, get better tyres for the front, or (and this is a much better way to solve it), don't drive in an unsafe and illegal manner on the road.

u wanner fix the prob dude..... clutch kick her, as you turn into it.... that will send it out.... just get ready to flick the wheel the op way....

also best not to do this on street goto a skidpan nite, like the ones at the Creek. u can play all nite in the wet, learn ya car, and it only costs ya 150bucks. Not $$$$ what ever the fine is for street drifting

your understeering bro,you want oversteer?

i always try and give it 110% throttle around roundabouts,wen i leave school everyday i show off for all the year12 honeys and drift the roundabout out the front of school

they love it man,im like,im the next keichii,and the bitches go wild!

then on the weekends vin diesel and me organise illegal street drags

cos where the coolest kunts in altona

your understeering bro,you want oversteer?

i always try and give it 110% throttle around roundabouts,wen i leave school everyday i show off for all the year12 honeys and drift the roundabout out the front of school

they love it man,im like,im the next keichii,and the bitches go wild!

then on the weekends vin diesel and me organise illegal street drags

cos where the coolest kunts in altona

Bahahahaha! ^_^

what diff centre are u using ...?

what suspension do you have in the rear..?

i found with a welded diff (in track car) and with some 2ways (esp new ones) that if dont give it enough throttle it skips a bit.. to remedy this i kept revs up and gave her a small clutch kick but get to know your car and adjust ur style or setup accordingly

p.s i agree dont slide on the road people die and the cops get tighter and tighter on all of us ....

edit: just realised this has already been said oh well

Edited by shakotan-cefiro