SAU Community

Defi Link Control Unit

SinnyGTR

Hi guys.

I have recently bought an R33 GTR and It has a Defi link control unit and a boost guage.

The problem I have is the unit lights up when i turn my headlights on but the boost guage doesnt light up and isnt working plus I have no idea on how to use this unit.

I have looked up the unit on the net but not making much sense of it.

Im not too stressed about using all its functions but it would be nice to have the boost guage working.

does anyone have any experience with these and can help me out??

Thanks in advance!

from what i understand is each guage gets its power from the control unit, this is why i cant work out whats wrong because the control unit lights up but the turbo guage doesnt =( it all looks like its wired up proporly. i will test the guage to see if its getting power otherwise i guess the guage is stuffed?

After a day of pulling out my dash, testing wires and tracing wires back to the point of origin i finally discovered that the power and accessories wires werent connected!!!

When I bought the car I remember the sales guy saying to me that the thing didnt work and asked if i wanted it removed... LOL!!!

Luckily for me I said nah just leave em in.

Obviously he cut the wires and tried scamming the setup off me when I bought the car!!!

Sneaky little bugger!!!!!!!