SAU Community

New To Motorsport

as I said - MAY

key word there.....

I have also been to a few CAMS training days getting my scrutineering ticket - and it was brought up then when I did the training. FWIW - I wouldnt fail one at all - unless it was so dodgy it would do more harm then good in an accident.

dhr81 what you are saying is right, but now people interpret that as 2 seperate 'latching' mechanisms not fastenings. as in 2 points of attachment at the front only. technically since all modern cars have a 2 stage bonnet catch they should comply anyway, but people have knocked them back. especially in VIC and NSW. so buying a $20 pre made piece of steel cable with snap end on one end and a shackle on the other and secure the bonnet to the radiator support with it is a good idea. it will save you any possible grief.

as far as the cage goes you'll be fine. as long as the event doesn't require a cage (basically only door to door stuff requires a cage). i've never seen anyone with a jap cage knocked back at an event that does not mandate cages. that includes my own cars, i've had 3 different jap cages in 2 difference GTRs for the last 9 years and never been turned away.

as I said - MAY

key word there.....

I have also been to a few CAMS training days getting my scrutineering ticket - and it was brought up then when I did the training. FWIW - I wouldnt fail one at all - unless it was so dodgy it would do more harm then good in an accident.

Yeah that is all fair enough. What any random scrutineer will choose to care about on any day is really up to them. The people who do the historic stuff particularly so. I just wouldnt want the bloke who started the thread to overly worry about stuff that once happened to someones mates uncles friends significant other.