SAU Community

Insurance For 17 Yr Old W R32 Gts-t

Hi,

I am in the middle of buying an R32, and should hopefully be getting it next week. Unfortunately, i am not quite sure which insurance provider to go with.

SGIC quoted me online for $1639.29 (I am Listed as 2nd driver, with parent)

Just Car online: $1529 (I am Listed as 2nd driver, with parent)

Is there any other insurance provider to go with, or am i only limited to those 2?

Could you please give me feedback on Just Cars, SGIC or any other insurance provider you have dealt with.

Thanking you,

Jα©òβ

I'm with just cars, I've made a couple of claims over the years and they've been great to deal with.

Those prices sound good given your non existent driving history.

Edited by Race__24

I'll say! Suprised anyone other than Just Car will even insure you.

I got my R32 when I was 18 and I'm with Shannons but the only reason they insured me was because I'd been insured for a turbo car before the 32..

Just for future reference, we already have an insurance discussion thread that can be found in the important topics section of the South Australia forum.

yeah at your age im surprised SGIC are even touching you it must be because your parents car and house is insured with them that there happy to insure an import

until you get to about 25 you will either have to stick with SGIC or Just Cars

ok a little googling of a company that used to be called Young and Cool Insurance have amalgamated with Famous Insurance not sure how you will go with them but @ least its a 3rd option

http://www.youngandcool.com.au/

you will find that Just Cars insures the person with the youngest age......so your premiums might be low but your excess will be around the $25xx mark.....just be careful really

One word, 'Wesfarmers'

First car I got had a a few mods, turbo, manual and I was the soul user. 3rd party + fire and theft agreed value of about $8,000 was about $480. Full comp was still less than $1,000.

Im still with them, I have made a small claim. Somebody backed into me with no insurance, it was covered by them. Ive never had to make a big claim.

Edited by JiN_MaN

im surprised you can be listed as a 2nd driver, i was 20 when i got mine and they didnt let me. but im with just cars, no claims so far but it good too know they are backed by aami.

as for famous or coolandyoung. i know when they were called famous they didnt meet the australian insurance standard, not sure what its called, but basically if they didnt want to pay you out or cover you, you hav no to to complian to, ie consumer affairs.

that sounds a bit wrong

they are still called Famous and we have a few members here insured by them, i used to be insured by them also

also, This product is underwritten by Calliden Insurance Limited ACN 004 125 268

Goodluck with Shannons.

Their motoring 'enthusiast' terms are a little foggy. Would'nt touch me, i have been driving for 3 years with no problems whatsoever. Currently with Just Car.

Famous Insurance..can't hurt to give them a bell.