SAU Community

Wtb Clean Stock R33 Gtr Prefer Series 2 Or 3

do you have a gtr for sale? im in the market for one, i want a stock one with no mods, but i will consider anything not too modified, it needs to be streetable. do you know somebody honest that can import one for me? there are plenty out there with the dealers, but i dont trust dealers. from what i heard most of the wind back the clock, so how do you know if its been wound back or not? do you ask for the japanese auction papers?

who is trustworthy out there?

what would your shopping procedure be for one of the beasts?

do you have a gtr for sale? im in the market for one, i want a stock one with no mods, but i will consider anything not too modified, it needs to be streetable. do you know somebody honest that can import one for me? there are plenty out there with the dealers, but i dont trust dealers. from what i heard most of the wind back the clock, so how do you know if its been wound back or not? do you ask for the japanese auction papers?

who is trustworthy out there?

what would your shopping procedure be for one of the beasts?

You'll probably get more help by asking this in the Importing forum section. I've read plenty on these questions over there.

There is also another section for Wanted to Buy. Good luck.

many many people can easily and happily import you an R33 GTR.

however I would STRONGLY advise that you buy such a car locally.

6 years ago, a good R33 GTR would fetch $45K, and a Series 2 or 3 V-Spec would fetch upwards of $55K. At that point in time, it was clearly worth importing one.

Now, with a rash of these cars having been imported 2 years ago when the AUD/Yen rate was sitting between 100-105, there are plenty of good, cheap R33 GTR for sale locally by people who just need to sell up to get the money (clearly, as witnessed by the for sale threads).

I think it is fair to say that you can get an extremely neat late model R32 GTR in stock trim for around the $14-15K mark now, late (S2 or 3) R33 GTR for around the $22-23K, and even R34 GTR V-Specs are getting to the $40K mark. (For those who wish to dispute, I am not talking about ASKING prices, I am talking about SELLING prices, for which there is a massive difference).

I can't see an importer getting a truly mint R33 GTR S2 or 3 for below 1M Yen FOB, which means you'd be scraping to get one in below $20K ready to register. This may constitute a saving of $1-2K, when for the delay and risk, I think you are much better off shopping around locally, and waving cash in a few people's faces. Don't just offer lowball prices over the net, but if you turn up, check the car, and make an aggressive offer, you may be surprised at how well you can do.

many many people can easily and happily import you an R33 GTR.

however I would STRONGLY advise that you buy such a car locally.

6 years ago, a good R33 GTR would fetch $45K, and a Series 2 or 3 V-Spec would fetch upwards of $55K. At that point in time, it was clearly worth importing one.

Now, with a rash of these cars having been imported 2 years ago when the AUD/Yen rate was sitting between 100-105, there are plenty of good, cheap R33 GTR for sale locally by people who just need to sell up to get the money (clearly, as witnessed by the for sale threads).

I think it is fair to say that you can get an extremely neat late model R32 GTR in stock trim for around the $14-15K mark now, late (S2 or 3) R33 GTR for around the $22-23K, and even R34 GTR V-Specs are getting to the $40K mark. (For those who wish to dispute, I am not talking about ASKING prices, I am talking about SELLING prices, for which there is a massive difference).

I can't see an importer getting a truly mint R33 GTR S2 or 3 for below 1M Yen FOB, which means you'd be scraping to get one in below $20K ready to register. This may constitute a saving of $1-2K, when for the delay and risk, I think you are much better off shopping around locally, and waving cash in a few people's faces. Don't just offer lowball prices over the net, but if you turn up, check the car, and make an aggressive offer, you may be surprised at how well you can do.

I agree to certain extend, go up to the seller and offer what you think is reasonable and most time you'll be surprised. But having said that, 1 year ago when I was looking at buying my car, any 33GTR below 25k are just not worth looking at. I mean you can look at them but chance of you scoring a good mint condition one is much lower comparing to anything above the 26k or even 28k mark. I ended up paying something more for the N1 which I have absolutely no problem with at all.

That sounds pretty reasonable.

i would rather buy one locally anyway, at least i can see the car for myself

thanks..

Unless you're after something unique and special (N1, 400R or maybe colour etc), I wouldnt recommend importing. There sooooo many in the market now and prices arent that exp at all.

If you're concern with mileage, I wouldnt recommend you to even buy an import (maybe get a new car). I wouldnt even trust a logbook 100% (but they do provide some sort of evident). So long as everything is running fine and you like it, I dont see any problem with it. And seriously, how many Ks do you suppose they would have wind it back? Being more realistic, I'd say anywhere from 10000k to 50000k easily and dont tell me a good engine will blow up with more than 100000km on it. Having a logbook for a standard car (unless its a limited edition car) will mean nothing and to me, its not worth the premium you're paying (it doesnt help much with resale). Think about it, would you choose to buy a mint gtr without log for 25k or pay 35k for one that's got log?