SAU Community

R34 Airbag Light Flashing

KRIMINL

hey,

i just finished installing some dash led's and now my airbag light wont stop flashing.

i did remove the steering wheel to get the dash cluster out easier. but every thing is connected properly now and the light is still flashing.

does anyone know how to fix this?

cheers.

as above to get into diagnosis mode turn ignition to on (i.e power on the dash but car doesn't have to be on) and press the driver side door switch 5 times within 7 seconds. If you have done this right you will see the airbag light blink slow and fast the way it's blinking is actually telling you what is wrong but as there likely isn't anything since you plugged everything up just turn the ignition off and back on again shouldn't blink anymore.

If it's still blinking try again and if still no luck tell me and i'll send you something that tells you what needs to be sorted

Hi ,

I am encountering the same problem when I disconnected the steering wheel airbag to realign steering wheel and forgot to plug connector back into place before turning ignition on. Once the airbag light starts flashing,it would not stop even after reconnecting the air bag.

Its driving me insane!!!!! Please help, I have tried turning the ignition on and pressing the drivers door light, but the light is still FLASHING!!!!

Please help

Matt

I tried the Door switch trick and did NOT work for me. The driver door switch is the one on the B pillar, close to where the door latch is located??

It's the little light switch that turns the interior light off when the door closes

• 4 months later...

Can someone post the codes for what the blinking stuff means?

After entering diagnostic mode (pressing 5 times (hold the button down for a while don't just press it madly) within the first 7 seconds.

... its off long on long, on short off short. repeat.

f**king computers...

As someone who designs systems for a living i'm more than qualified to say.... f**king computers...

Not to be outdone... I went back and repeated the whole process... (got in car... ignition to ON 5 firm presses)... no light. Turned ignition OFF. Started car. Light stayed OFF.

Win.

I didn't know bill gates was Japanese and worked for Nissan??!? ... f**king stupid computers... lol