SAU Community

Workshop Advice Needed

hey all, im about to start an RB30 twincam conversion on my stagea, need some advice on who are the best people for the job. ill be doing all the engine removing/refitting myself, just need someone to modify my NEO head and do one last mod on my 30 block, then bolt it together. i bought a RIPS 4wd RB30 block, its all set up for the conversion except for an oil supply to run VCT because id like to keep it active.

so that and the head mods and they need to be able to tune it for me when ive got it all back together... car is 4wd which narrows down dynos in the area but if the shop is good enough and only has 2wd dyno, i can make it run in 2wd.

so who do people recommend? i know esp do good work but ive also been told they charge alot for it. at the end of the day, im not rich but i dont want a shit job either.

D.

^^ Seconded, Pro Engines for the engine work you want done. ESP & Autotech in Hume charge a fair bit, both have good and bad stories.

Speak to all 3 and decide for yourself who to go with.

+1 for Pro Engines.

I think you'll find that ESP and Autotech (def Autotech anyway) will use Pro Engines for the head work and any mods there anyways.

In terms of tune just talk to the workshops and pick somewhere that you're comfortable with. There's good and bad stories everywhere.

not really, heard they still did a bit of work from home but now one of the guys, phil, has moved to bathurst so i doubt they're still doing anything. while we're on them, the main guy (name evades me) has a very very nice r32gtr... tidy and subtle. still has skylines performance on the number plate too...

pro engines sounds like the go at the moment, checked out the website and they make RB30 awd adaptors so i guess they know what they're on about. will get in contact with them and see how we go.

anyone else anyone can think of??

D.

Edited by pintaline

Pro engines did my rb30. give greg a call and have a chat.

BE prepared to chat for a while though..greg knows his stuff and will tell you what will and wont work straight up :)

how much $$$ (at least) they charged for complete engine swap in canberra? just in general without any fancy headwork etc.

my 25de is dying and i got 25det neo ready to slap asap.

thanks.

how much $$$ (at least) they charged for complete engine swap in canberra? just in general without any fancy headwork etc.

my 25de is dying and i got 25det neo ready to slap asap.

thanks.

Want to sell that dying 25de?

Edited by StinkyPoo