SAU Community

V35 "based" GT-R News...

Rezz

Check it out, this article taken from Performance Forums... (thanks Troy, the man in Itami for this one!)

2033CIMG2839-re.JPG

Theres nothing really new to said here, although you can see from what Ghosn says, he's got a stranglehold of the GT-R development program, and it seems as though Ghosn wants to have his name printed somewhere on the bootlid maybe...

Ghosn's not the most popular guy in Japan now is he?!?! lol...

"The man who canned Godzilla" was one story I read when he innitially said that there was no place for a straight-6 AWD supercar in todays market.

Bastard!

Adrian

Im a little confused, The article was pretty much about the "new" 400bhp "GTR" launch in the US by 2007 (probably 2008),

But there is no mention of it's launch in Japan will it not be released there or will it be released there earlier.

Guest INASNT

Hopefully the New GTR wont be like the 350z which was designed and built in America and is running a renault engine, has 0 japanese in it!

Renault looks like they are killing all the good things nissan japan have done in the last 10 years

so are they still making the R34's till 2007 ? or have they stoped production ?

I pretty sure they stopped a making them a year or two ago along with the S15. The last R34's made were the Nur spec GTR's. They didnt meet the new emission laws that were introduced into Japan or something like that.

Anyone else confirm this??

Cheers

so we're going to have pointless articles not stating much like this for another 3 years :(

i just wanna see the final version damnit :( damn Ghosn !!! damn you to hell!!

what else is going to be popping up in the meantime though? any other interesting developments in the nissan stable//?

Guest INASNT
I pretty sure they stopped a making them a year or two ago along with the S15. The last R34's made were the Nur spec GTR's. They didnt meet the new emission laws that were introduced into Japan or something like that.

Anyone else confirm this??

Cheers

The crap about the Rb26dett and Sr20det not being able to meet the new emission laws is total crap. If Holden and GM can make their pushrod petrol buring dinosaur engines meet the new emission laws then so could nissan easily.

Its all comes down to Nissan being owned by renault and the main bosses at renault not wanting anymore inline 6 or 4 cyclinder turbos in production.

The crap about the Rb26dett and Sr20det not being able to meet the new emission laws is total crap. If Holden and GM can make their pushrod petrol buring dinosaur engines meet the new emission laws then so could nissan easily.

Its all comes down to Nissan being owned by renault and the main bosses at renault not wanting anymore inline 6 or 4 cyclinder turbos in production.

Thats true and not true

Toyota isnt owned by Renault and they are not making 1JZ / 2JZ any more. Japans emissions laws became alot tougher in 2002.

sorry to go off topic but, can someone explain to me why the GTR model is an R35 whereas the non GTR models are V35s ? All previous non GTRs are still r3#s.

because the new skylines are powered by the vq series engine. hence v35

rb engines in the previous models made them r3- (asides from r30)

next gtr will be kept r35 to keep the tradition ive been led to believe.

sorry to go off topic but, can someone explain to me why the GTR model is an R35 whereas the non GTR models are V35s ? All previous non GTRs are still r3#s.

NEEEEEXT!? Ah, hi there rrrage...:(

Could I answer your question with a question?:(

Ah-hem...:) Who said the Next GT-R is designated "R35"?

Fffffffwhat I think you'll find is that the new GT-R will pipple-o-popple-lopously be based on the "V"35 platform... without question. It WILL be a "xx-V35 GT-R".

All this "R35" business is sprouting from pre-2001 Tokyo Motor Show rumours about the current Skyline... even some Japanese guys were saying "R35". But now they've all changed their tune.

Right... NEEEEEEXT!:( j/k

:( thankya. you'll notice that i edited the post, then changed my mind and left it. I was going to add "edit: is the new GTR even an r35 or am i just being influenced by non-official people calling it that?"