SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

Naivety is common place among generalisations and opinion as fact.

But keep thinking thats the case.

Christ, these people are the demographic that most newspapers, ACA type shows and AM radio stations target. They get bombarded with it and if they didnt know, they do when they read and listen to this stuff.

My parents knew what a skyline was before i did... how old do you think people are that grew up around the Bathurst killing GTR error? I was about 10 when these things were going around the track and destroying everything.

Agreed.

Listen to a talk-back session on AM radio when the "hoon" stuff starts up... it could go on for hours and hours.

Even if they are not "exactly" sure what a skyline is... they associate it with 2-door imports, loud exhausts and so on.

Not hard to work it out!

Agreed.

Listen to a talk-back session on AM radio when the "hoon" stuff starts up... it could go on for hours and hours.

Even if they are not "exactly" sure what a skyline is... they associate it with 2-door imports, loud exhausts and so on.

Not hard to work it out!

i still think you all exagerate substantially and honestly.. is it worth the key strokes to whinge about "another skyline idiot" i highly doubt it.. i bet you all have modified your car in some way unless its stock (why bother) so man up fkn cry babies.

i dont see every new commonwhore rolling off the line been labelled a hoon vehicle which it will ultimately become in 3 years when its worthless.. same as failcons.

So, tune your radio to a AM station and listen for yourself perhaps?

There is no exageration going on here. I've been around all of this for 10 years, it's not getting any better in terms of public view/reception/opinion.

So if the talk back radio stations were going hard on this topic 3-4 years ago, it's only going to be worse today. That's how they get their ratings from the middle-late aged demographic afterall.

As for having modified my car, what does that honestly have to do with what we are talking about here?

We are talking about public perception, media representation... but somehow i need to harden up because i modified my car? Couldn't be further from the discussion if you tried.

So, tune your radio to a AM station and listen for yourself perhaps?

There is no exageration going on here. I've been around all of this for 10 years, it's not getting any better in terms of public view/reception/opinion.

So if the talk back radio stations were going hard on this topic 3-4 years ago, it's only going to be worse today. That's how they get their ratings from the middle-late aged demographic afterall.

As for having modified my car, what does that honestly have to do with what we are talking about here?

We are talking about public perception, media representation... but somehow i need to harden up because i modified my car? Couldn't be further from the discussion if you tried.

i dont see how its far from the discussion at all? pretty sure very few complaints are coming in about stock cars could be wrong, and as for this AM you speak of .. never heard of it.. :huh:

aside from the media beating up hoons which has increased nothing else has changed. period. the police attention is the same.

this artice is from 2005 about local hoons, among other things but the article is sure to mention hoons and the disruption they cause.. one of many articles from similar time frames and earlier. The article is suppose to be related to the cronulla riots yet they include the old hoon word a few times.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/all...992.html?page=2

so i wouldnt go beating up the media too hard they been doing the same thing for years maybe it gets noticed more now.

Well cars written off, I might write a thread up somewhere and link to it, anywhere I can buy just a clean chassis for cheap? Otherwise I might have a court case on my hands.

First ever skyline and only had it since Saturday, great introduction.

Edited by Borci88

no, you read what YOU WANT TO READ most people would read that and go what an idiot that'd be the end of it, pretty sure 45 year olds working with kids have more to worry about then NISSAN SKYLINE'S in the paper they probaly wouldnt know much about the things.

so dont be so selective and you wont cry so badly over it.

seeing as a journo signed up to a nissan skyline forum looking for hoon activities, i hardly think its selective reading. Especially when it was a day after the L-plater incident....

Well cars written off, I might write a thread up somewhere and link to it, anywhere I can buy just a clean chassis for cheap? Otherwise I might have a court case on my hands.

First ever skyline and only had it since Saturday, great introduction.

Written off? Why's that? Too much damage to fix?

Written off? Why's that? Too much damage to fix?

Mechanic has found chassis rust scattered all over it so it is essentially trash, we can fix it, but that would require a new chassis, not really any of those lying around so this car has now become a lemon. Unless anyone knows where I can get just a chassis it wont be back on the road again, I bought the car for less than 8 grand and I see just a chassis going for 7k, not likely this will ever be fixed.

Mechanic has found chassis rust scattered all over it so it is essentially trash, we can fix it, but that would require a new chassis, not really any of those lying around so this car has now become a lemon. Unless anyone knows where I can get just a chassis it wont be back on the road again, I bought the car for less than 8 grand and I see just a chassis going for 7k, not likely this will ever be fixed.

shit that sucks. Hard way to learn a lesson. Dont understand how someone could sell a car like that and not mention any problems. Some dog people out there. Was it a private sale or a dealer?

shit that sucks. Hard way to learn a lesson. Dont understand how someone could sell a car like that and not mention any problems. Some dog people out there. Was it a private sale or a dealer?

Private sale, sold with Rego but no roadworthy, if he doesn't give us a refund we will be taking him to court as he has already broken the law without a roadworthy, deceiving us on top of that, it was imported by him two years ago and now the chassis is riddled with rust, he lives in NSW which has yearly inspections, how does something like this not get picked up on, also considering taking the place he got a roadworthy at to court, thoughts?

Cheers.

f**k man that sucks balls sorry to hear. Unfortunately it will be a battle for him to pay anything. As you did not have a road worthy on purchase. And with the law the only way you can win this is if you actually asked him if the car had any chasis damage and he said no. Thaw decieving. But if you didn't ask it's more of a case of buyer beware. By what you said you didn't get it inspection done when purchased soni think you will just have to suck up the losses. Live and learn. :D

f**k man that sucks balls sorry to hear. Unfortunately it will be a battle for him to pay anything. As you did not have a road worthy on purchase. And with the law the only way you can win this is if you actually asked him if the car had any chasis damage and he said no. Thaw decieving. But if you didn't ask it's more of a case of buyer beware. By what you said you didn't get it inspection done when purchased soni think you will just have to suck up the losses. Live and learn. :D

Maybe so but its 7 grand down the drain, dont think we're not going to fight tooth and nail over this, I just checked the last email he sent me and it contains:

"It is still registered and roadworthy but yes the pink slip I have from getting it registerd last will come with the car."

How do you think I stand on this now?