SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

paulr33

Maybe so but its 7 grand down the drain, dont think we're not going to fight tooth and nail over this, I just checked the last email he sent me and it contains:

"It is still registered and roadworthy but yes the pink slip I have from getting it registerd last will come with the car."

How do you think I stand on this now?

Rust like that would not spring up overnight. I would lawyer up and get them to ivestigate it. Considering it's probably a dodgy road worthy

Well cars written off, I might write a thread up somewhere and link to it, anywhere I can buy just a clean chassis for cheap? Otherwise I might have a court case on my hands.

First ever skyline and only had it since Saturday, great introduction.

I'll check the workshop on the weekend n see if we've got anyone who wants to sell a non running registerable chassis.

If I were you, I'd cut your losses and buy a good car, then part out the one you have.

Rust like that would not spring up overnight. I would lawyer up and get them to ivestigate it. Considering it's probably a dodgy road worthy

Oh definitely, I have already been told to chase after the previous workshops who did the roadworthies, but if the seller doesn't want to give it up I dont think I have much of a leg to stand on to chase them.

Edit: Sounds great I'd appreciate that funky, problem is we have nowhere to store the car for now so this car sits in the driveway because its unregistered while dad's car sits out on the street, don't have the time to part it out unfortunately.

Edited by Borci88

Private sale, sold with Rego but no roadworthy, if he doesn't give us a refund we will be taking him to court as he has already broken the law without a roadworthy, deceiving us on top of that, it was imported by him two years ago and now the chassis is riddled with rust, he lives in NSW which has yearly inspections, how does something like this not get picked up on, also considering taking the place he got a roadworthy at to court, thoughts?

not meaning to stereotype, but I know at least 3 leb workshops in syd that can give you a pink slip for the right price without even looking at the car.

that said, if I turned around and sold a car with their dodgy roady, and they got caught out for it, they'd come see me personally with baseball bats.

Try tellin the bloke you bought it off that you're gonna dob in the workshop, most times he'll be good mates with the guy who issued the roady, and if the workshop doesn't wanna lose their license to issue roady's and a hefty fine, then they'll convince the guy who sold you the car to offer a full refund. if you get what I mean.

its a shame that australian law is buyer beware.. you have a case but for 7g which is in some terms alot of money its not enough to fight it through court or get ya face caved in by some dodgy mechanic.

its a shame that australian law is buyer beware.. you have a case but for 7g which is in some terms alot of money its not enough to fight it through court or get ya face caved in by some dodgy mechanic.

Don't think a mechanics gonna travel interstate, if he wants to bring it then bring it. I'm only young and this is all my savings gone, may be young and dumb but I will fight for it no matter what. We will fight tooth and nail until the court gives up on us, we have a case, we just have to prove it.

not meaning to stereotype, but I know at least 3 leb workshops in syd that can give you a pink slip for the right price without even looking at the car.

that said, if I turned around and sold a car with their dodgy roady, and they got caught out for it, they'd come see me personally with baseball bats.

Try tellin the bloke you bought it off that you're gonna dob in the workshop, most times he'll be good mates with the guy who issued the roady, and if the workshop doesn't wanna lose their license to issue roady's and a hefty fine, then they'll convince the guy who sold you the car to offer a full refund. if you get what I mean.

typical.. my dad knows a few that would do that here too..

and i stumbled upon this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvdhBCvTQso

need this f**king anasthetic shit to wear the f**k off so I can get my eat on

just cut it up all small and spoon it into the back of your mouth. then you know what its like to eat like a duck

fixed

dirtyyy karrrnntttttt

f**k i wish there were good duck places up in thomo

edit: also funky, you mentioned you worked at driftline. what are they charging for a respray(r33)? exterior, engine bay and door jambs

Edited by GTR-boy

hows jamacian snowmobiles :D

Haha hasn't died on me yet just waiting it will hold out for another 12 months as I have an engineering mate building up a controlling system for the dyno.

He is converting his old vane to his system with an eddy current retarder and his desinged system will be a mix of dyno dynamics and mainline os.

All is looking good tho